We have a situation

Vincent

Lacey and I were relaxing after our soak when the front door opened as the two Feds drew their guns.

"Put your guns away, rent-a-cops," Cruz ordered them as he walked in along with Sergio. A few minutes later, Joe walked in. We sat up as Joe closed the door.

"Is there a reason you barged into my home acting like a cowboy?" I asked Cruz, annoyed.

"Maybe the fact someone followed us in Greece," he answered with irritation. I stood up as Lacey did the same.

"What do you mean someone followed us?" I asked him.

"I mean followed as in someone watching us up close and personal," Cruz told me.

I looked at him with seriousness. The next thing he said shocked us.

"Agent Sergio Antonia of Homeland Security," Sergio confessed to us as we stood there shocked. "I've been working with ICE to infiltrate human trafficking and recover the victims." He admitted as my jaw tightened.

"You pretended as Lacey's bodyguard," I asked through gritted teeth.

"I had to. Lacey is a very wanted woman in the human trafficking world. Carter should have groomed her to hand her over to Alastair Reeves, aka Clayton Powers, but she double-crossed him, keeping Lacey," he confessed.

I stood there as my body went rigid. Lacey placed her hand on mine as I relaxed.

"Vincent, we have another issue," Cruz said to me.

"What's the other issue?" I asked him.

"The person who followed us to Greece is," he said as Sergio's phone went off.

"Santino?" He asked as Cruz stopped and we turned our attention to Sergio. "Where are your Mamá?" He asked as the four of us looked at each other. "What do you mean, you don't know?" He asked as his expression changed to concern. Sergio started speaking in Spanish as we stood there. Knowing the language, I knew what he was saying. Valeria was missing.

I tightened my hand around Lacey's hand as she stood there quiet.

Joe's phone rang, and he answered it, "Katelyn? What? What do you mean your mom isn't home?" He questioned as we stood there.

"Cruz?" I said as he put up his index finger as he pulled out his phone. He made a call, only to reach Emmy's voicemail. He hung up and looked at everyone, as Sergio and Joe looked at him.

That was not good if three women were missing. I stood there as I waited to find out what happens next.

Lacey

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and released Vincent's hand as he discussed the situation with the others. I opened my phone to a text message.

If you want the others to live, you leave with no one noticing you and meet me. - unknown number

Who is this? - me

You'll find out soon enough. The clock is ticking, and I'm getting impatient. - unknown

I pressed a button on my phone to make the screen go dark, slipping my phone back into my pocket. I knew if I said anything, Gretchen, Valeria, and Emmy would be dead. If it was anything, I learned about people as they were true to their word.

"I will make some coffee," I announced as Vincent turned and looked at me. I gave him a reassuring smile as I walked out of the room. While they were busy, I quietly grabbed a coat and left out of the backdoor. I knew Vincent would be angry, but I also knew I had to take a risk.