Weekend getaway, part 2

Lacey

They say when two people meet, they will either have a connection or won't. They describe love as unconditional. You love the person at their best and worst. Through good times and bad, when you love someone, you love everything about them. When people become broken, it takes a special love to make them whole again. You're one half of the other; two halves make a whole.

I never knew love in the sense most people did. I never confused it with sex, as most people do. I thought I was in love with Rafe, but that proved to be a lie. Rafe used my idea of love against me to hold on to me. He never cared about me, just the concept of keeping me. I hated him for that.

He knew I yearned for love and craved it. I was so desperate for someone to love me that I allowed myself to fall for a man that would never love me back. I allowed myself to be a fool, which I vowed never to be one again.

"Lacey?" Vincent's voice broke me from my thoughts as I stood in front of him as he was on bended knee, asking me to marry him.

In a short time, I had been with Vincent; I was learning each day why breaking rule number two was a must. I allowed myself to fall in love with him even when I tried not to. When he kissed me, breaking a rule, I didn't care. I allowed the rule to break and for it to become personal. As much as I tried to prevent it, deep down, I didn't want to do it. I wanted to love, and here I had someone genuinely in love with me.

He fought for his life to be with me. We may argue, but we always come back to each other. When I returned that day to him, I knew there was no going back. I could allow myself to walk away from someone that had my heart.

I placed a hand on his face as he waited patiently for my answer and said, "Yes, I will marry you."

Watching a smile appear on his face; he stood up and pulled me into a mind-blowing kiss. Our kiss grew hungrier and passionate between us. We pulled back from each other, catching our breath as he took my hand and slid the ring onto my finger. It was the perfect fit.

I looked into his eyes as he looked back at me. "I was hoping you would say yes," he said as he smiled genuinely at me.

"I would be a fool to say no," I responded as he placed his forehead against mine while holding my hands in his.

"Lacey, I never want to lose you or be apart from you. I want you to be forever mine," he whispered as I looked at him and smiled.

"I would love to be yours forever, Vincent. It was never about the money, it has always been about you," I commented as he pulled me into another kiss as passion ignited between us.

He picked me up and carried me into the bedroom, giving into our passion. Vincent made love to me slowly as our bodies moved together. His lips and hands roamed every inch of my body as I gave in and allowed him to claim my body ultimately. It was the first time I allowed him to claim me. Even before when we made love, I resisted. To give yourself entirely to a man and subject yourself to allowing him to have complete control is a very tricky thing.

I had allowed no one to have control over my body until this moment. For once, I gave up complete control, and it felt beautiful.

Vincent

We finished making love, and Lacey laid on my chest as I held her ring hand in mine. I played with her ring that adorned her finger. Seeing it nestled there and knowing it belonged, there was the absolute best feeling in the world.

Besides her accepting my ring, she finally allowed me to claim her body for myself. Even before, she resisted, not wanting to give herself complete control to anyone, including myself.

"This looks amazing on you," I remarked as I held her hand up.

"Are you saying that because you know I'm permanently yours now?" She asked with a smirk as I looked at her and arched an eyebrow at her.

"You become permanently mine the day we marry. That's a preview," I mentioned as a smirk crossed my lips.

"Which begs the question? When do you want to marry?" She asked me as I looked at her.

"I don't want a long engagement. I want this to happen as quickly as possible," I informed Lacey.

"You make it sound like a business deal," she commented as a giggle escaped her lips.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Why carry on a long engagement when I know what I want? Most people who have that engagement are planning a wedding because of finances or are unsure they want to marry. I have the resources, and I know what I want," I told her as she looked at me.

"I'm guessing this will be an extravagant affair?" She questioned me.

"It'll be a semi-formal event. Given the fact I am very well known, the wedding planner will make the arrangements. I'll have Emmy compile a list before submitting it. Security will be tight. I will have everything arranged, including your dress fittings," I said as she looked at me and sighed. "What?"

Lacey sat up in the bed as I did the same. "I was hoping for something small and intimate. Vincent, inviting people you barely know or do business with is ridiculous. A wedding should be between two people and close family and friends. Family won't matter, since neither of us has a family to consider, but friends would be nice," she reasoned as I looked at her.

Lacey was right and realized she was. Inviting several people we barely knew to something as important as our wedding was ridiculous. I prefer her idea better.

"Okay, you win. We will invite a few people and marry in a secluded location. I want just to marry you and eventually have a family," I mentioned as she looked at me surprised.

"Are you saying you wouldn't mind seeing mini-versions of yourself running around loose? I can see it now. We have a mini-you, and they'll be dictating what type of baby food we serve them," she laughed as I arched an eyebrow at her.

"Are you saying I'm controlling and demanding?" I asked her, feigning hurt.

"Hell, yes, I'm saying it. You gave me a list of what to pack for this weekend," Lacey reminded me.

"In my defense, you weren't aware of where you would arrive this weekend. By giving you a list, I helped you with packing without ruining the surprise," I implied as Lacey gave me a look that said I was crazy. "Now, we are celebrating our engagement. Tomorrow, we will see some sights before leaving on Sunday."

I pulled her to me as I captured her lips with my own, then celebrated all night long with her as I made her screamed repeatedly. I could not get enough of her. I was feeling much better.