Compassion

Lacey

Sergio and Cruz left, giving me and Vincent space. The other two men that were at our house went into another room. I sat at the island, feeling lousy. My emotions were all over the place regarding that I may never have children. All because some asshole refused to allow his infidelities revealed. I hated Carter for this. She disregarded how I felt.

Vincent handed me a plate with food. I sat it down and pushed it away as he sat down next to me. I didn't feel like eating.

"Lacey, eat," he said to me.

"I'm not hungry," I replied softly. Who could eat feeling the way I was feeling? I felt like a complete failure.

"What did the doctor say?" He asked me.

I turned to him. "He wants to run tests and make sure there wasn't any damage from the previous termination of pregnancy. He also wants to see if he can correct any ongoing issue," I explained to him.

"Then he didn't rule out the possibility of not conceiving," he reasoned.

"No," I said.

"Let's see what happens with the doctor, and if you're unable to have a child, then we can look into adoption," he told me as I looked at him surprised.

"What?" I asked as he smiled.

"I want a family with you. It doesn't matter if it's biological, I want to raise a family with you," he answered as I looked at him. He was acting genuine and severe.

"Vincent, I want to provide you with a child," I said, but he interrupted me.

"I know you want to provide me with a biological child, but it doesn't matter to me if they are biological. Lacey, I didn't have the family I wanted growing up. Besides my sister, I didn't have a family at all, and neither did you," he said.

I said something when he put his hand up to stop me.

"In the sense, you didn't have the loving relationship you should have received. Carter and Rafe brought you into a business under pretenses and lied countless times. A man who claimed to care about you used it to his advantage. That's not loving, that's cruelty, and it's no better than an abusive relationship. I prefer to provide more to you then what you received," he explained as I looked at him.

I thought about it and didn't want to deny Vincent a family. He deserved one. I wanted to give him a family.

I placed my hands on his face as I looked at him and smiled. "If I'm unable to have children, then I would like to adopt. I want us to experience parenthood," I assured him as he placed his hands on top of mine.

"I want to see you as a mother. I believe you would make an excellent mother," he complimented me. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of motherhood. I never thought I would have a family. Hell, I never thought I would find love, but I did, and it all began with a single meeting.

He leaned in and kissed me as I kissed him back. The kiss was passionate, which was something that never lacked between us.

"Now eat," he ordered me as I rolled my eyes at him. I started eating as he got out of his seat and made himself something to eat. I sat there, letting my mind wander, visualizing a little boy running around and Vincent chasing after him. He was the spitting image of Vincent with his black hair and dark brown eyes. I would love to see him as a father. Vincent may be a ruthless businessman, but I knew that he would be an excellent father.

They say we learn from our parents how to parent or not. I learned from mine how not to be one. I never want my child to suffer the way I did. I wanted them to feel love and security. That was my hope.