Part 5: Breathing space

" Help listen to me a little Khun Kongpob!"

" You're sick, it's really sure. If you don't follow me back home. I'll bring Minnie to another place."

Arthit gritted his teeth. He already told Kongpob to understand him. Why Kongpob still didn't get it? He's really not feeling well and want to rest but he can't. He need a work to support Minnie and himself. All this year, he tried his best as both Minnie's mother and father. She is his everything. Everything related to Minnie always important for him. Now Kongpob use her to force him to do what he doesn't want. Arthit didn't know how long he will suppose to live like this?
Just looks at his daughter in his arms, Arthit really want cry right now.

" Wait me here, I go to tell my manager, first."

" No need, I already told your boss."

" What?"

" P'Arthit's boss is my relative."

Kongpob told and took Minnie from Arthit's arm, turn his body hurriedly walk out from Arthit's workplace. Arthit sighs again and smile to his colleagues before he follow Kongpob and his daughter.

Arthit already slept in the car not long after he got in. Kongpob placed Minnie on his laps and sat near Arthit.

" Mommy is sick again!"

Minnie said with her unhappy face. She put her small hand on Arthit's forehead and put her other hand on her forehead.

" Is Mommy often sick, Minnie?" Kongpob asked and saw Minnie nod her head.

" Mommy's sick and always sick more than Minnie. Uncle Beam told Mommy is too weak but mommy didn't stop working. Mommy told Minnie that mommy want to save money for Minnie but Minnie don't want it and don't want mommy to work anymore." Minnie said with her tears flowed out of her eyes.

" Daddy will not let mommy work anymore. Daddy will take care mommy and Minnie, Don't cry smart girl."

After listened his daughter's word, Kongpob was broken-hearted and unhappy. Every word from Minnie's mouth always had Doctor Beam's name, the more he think the more he scared. He kept blaming himself in his mind, he was the one who built all the problem in Arthit's life.

" Minnie don't want anything, Minnie want only mommy."

" Yes... Daddy promise Minnie... stop cry na..."

Kongpob comforted Minnie until they reach to the house but Arthit is still sleeping, he made Minnie worried him until she want to cry again.

" Why didn't mommy wake up?"

Having to listen to Minnie sobbing break Kongpob's heart into a million pieces, help wipe her tears softly.

" Mommy's just tired. When he's resting enough, he will better. Minnie let uncle jay carry Minnie and daddy will carry mommy to sleep at the room."

" Yes."

Shortly afterward, Kongpob placed Arthit on the bed and cover him with warmly blanket. He sighs and looks at Arthit's face... he really dare to say he's fine even he is in the state.

" Take a shower baby? Let daddy help!"

Kongpob carried Minnie to the bathroom, take off her clothes and put her in the bathtub. During he's washing Minnie's back, Kongpob's eyes caught at the scar on her back. This scar is very similar to surgical scar. Kongpob started feeling bad and hurriedly ask Minnie.

" What is this scar, Minnie?"

Minnie take her hand to touch it and think before she speak.

" Hmm... Mommy told Minnie ever had a disease."