𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙈𝙚

Narrator's POV

With the billion people in the world, why must we fall in love with our best friend? And you were part of the unlucky ones whom did not end with a happily ever after. You just got rejected after your confession to your friend Seungmin. You were childhood friends.

As what you expected, he admitted that he only see you as his sister. You already knew that this will happen, but it's hard to accept when the truth is already in front of you.

You don't know if you'll stay as friends. It'll be surely awkward to be still friends after what happened. You were also thinking on how you're going to face him tomorrow since you're working on the same department.

You went to a cafe to put your heart and mind in peace. You told yourself to move on. You tried to cheer up yourself and forget what happened.

You ordered your favorite drink. You thought that at least, it can lift your mood a little.

"The usual please."

"Oh Y/N. You look sad. What happened?"

"Hi Taehyun. It's nothing."

"Really Y/N. You think I'll buy your excuse? Wait, I'll make your drink. It's for free."

"No, I'll pay for it."

"Y/N, my family own this cafe so no worries."

He started making your coffee while you found a table at the corner. While waiting, you stared outside. The sky was covered with dark clouds and it was like about to rain. The weather suddenly became gloomy as you.

What a great day. You thought sarcastically.

Taehyun sat in front of you. He convinced you to tell him what happened so that he can help you. You started to tell him your story. You didn't noticed you were crying while drinking your order. Taehyun just hugged and comforted you.

He wished he was the one suffering instead of you. He can't take seeing the girl he loved crying. Even you love another man.

"I don't know anymore Tae."

"Y/N, maybe there is someone who will come. Someone destined for you. Just wait for it."

"Thanks Tae. You are a very great friend."

Friend... He thought.

"Don't worry Y/N. Maybe we can have some friendly date so you won't think about it much. It looks like that it won't rain anymore." He said while looking outside.

You agreed with him so you can at least forget Seungmin. It may take time to move on but you need to face it.

You thought that Taehyun is right. You'll wait for that right one no matter how long it will take.

The two of you went to the amusement park. You tried different rides and enjoyed it. You ate cotton candy and took some photos as well. To tell you, Taehyun was very afraid to ride the roller coaster. He was just smiling at you but he was sweating a lot. He was holding your hand the whole time, trying to forget his fear. After that, you can't stop laughing at his face.

You were very tired after all the rides and eating. You then decided to just take a stroll.

"Taehyun, maybe we should just walk around. It's getting dark."

"Don't you want to ride the ferris wheel?"

"No. I'll just remember something."

Taehyun just nod. He remembered that it is your favorite place with Seungmin. This made Taehyun hurt deep inside. Even you are with with him, it's still Seungmin that you're thinking about.

"Thanks, Tae. Thank you for making me smile at least."

"It's nothing Y/N. You're special to me. That's why you need to be treated like a princess."

You just laughed at his statement. Then, he suddenly hugged you. You also hugged him back a few seconds after.

You don't know why but you felt safe in his arms. Nonetheless, you told yourself that it was just a friendly hug.

While Taehyun, he was enjoying that very moment. If only that hug was enough to say he loves you, as a woman.

"Tae, don't leave me okay. You're the only one I have left."

"I'll never leave you Y/N. No matter how hard the rain is, no matter how dark it is. You'll never be alone. I am always beside you."

You felt loved after hearing his words. It made you feel safe and sound. You thought, someone like him is the one you've been longing and finding for. Maybe it's him.

Maybe it's Taehyun after all.

What you didn't knew is that he started crying. Tears were flowing like a river in his eyes. He was quietly sobbing so you'll not hear him.

He told you that he'll not leave you. But, he cannot fulfill his promise. As other says, promises are meant to be broken.

He loved you ever since you were kids.  He has been your classmate ever since kindergarten but he was very shy to talked to you. You didn't notice him until high school. Seungmin was the one who introduced him to you.

That time, you became close. But when you told him you like Seungmin, he kept his sincere feelings for you. He wants you to be happy even that it will cause too much pain for him. He thought that you and Seungmin look perfect together. How can he beat the time and moments you made with Seungmin with his stupid and hopeless feelings? It will be better if he'll distance himself.

Now, he was given a chance to get you but it seems that fate doesn't favors his side.

He knew he'll be leaving you soon. The thought of you, suffering again once he's gone, makes him anxious. As much as he want to stay beside you, he can't.

He's leaving this world.

He is a Stage 2, cancer patient.

End.

Seungmin (Stray Kids)