𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙮

Yeonjun's POV

They've said that married life is the happiest part one may experience during their adult life. You'll be with the person you love the most and have your own family. There may be up and downs but because of love, you'll be able to surpass them. Love is what makes it special.

But, I don't think that it is really true. I'm married but then why I don't feel happy and contented? Why can't I feel any love? Why is it one-sided love only? Why?

My wife's name is Y/N. We're not married because of mutual feelings. Actually, I'm the only one who has feelings for her. We were in an arranged marriage and her parents made it for her.

We just got married 2 months ago. No ceremonies, just signed some papers. Our families were close friends but this marriage was not planned since before. It was just sudden.

Y/N has a boyfriend before and I know his name is Yoshinori. I'm not close with them but I knew some information about them. Their relationship was in good condition and it is very rare to hear something bad about them. Everyone thought they will end up marrying each other.

But unfortunately, Yoshi has been diagnosed with a severe illness and he needed to have a treatment. Hospitals here were not enough to treat him. He needed to go in another country and stay there for his good.

I learned that he left Y/N because he knew he'll not get any better soon. He told her to find someone better and the one who can make her happy. He thought it would be good if they break-up and separate ways as early as soon.

I saw how devastated Y/N is when he left her. It seems her whole world just crashed. Who would want to continue living when you lost the only reason to?

After a month, Y/N seems to get worse and her parents were worrying what may happen one day. That's when they decided to let me marry her. They told me that may be I can help her to move on and be happy once again. I was very happy to know that I'm going to marry the girl of my dreams. Yes, I love her from the very start.

Ever since we were 10 years old, I had tiny crush on her. Everytime I would catch a glimpse of her or glance at her secretly, I didn't knew that I'm slowly falling in love with her. I never knew that this little spark would grow into much love through the years. And it hurt me so much that she can never return it back.

When she heard about the proposal, she didn't even protested and just nod in agreement. But the loneliness never left her and you can see it in her face. I knew that she still loves him but it also hurts in my part.

We lived together after that but then it seems we're just casual friends. A conversation never existed. It would always be a simple 'hi' or 'bye'. She would do some chores everyday but after that, she'll leave for work. Though I want to open to her but every time I try, hesitation comes to me.

But now, I'll give it another try. I will not waste this chance once again.

Narrator's POV

This time, Yeonjun convinced himself to talk to you. He'll try his best to get your attention. He thought that as your husband, he should start getting close to you.

He decided that he'll make breakfast for the both of you today. When he woke up, he checked if you're still sleeping in your room and you were still there, sleeping peacefully. He smiled after seeing how cute you are and slowly closed the door.

He went to the kitchen and started making your favorite dishes. He knew some of your favorite food since he asked your mother.

" I hope she'll like it." He whispered to himself.