𝘽𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙

Narrator's POV

Yours and Beomgyu's family had been great friends for decades. Both of your families had the biggest clothing lines. In fact, you have the largest contributions in Korea's fashion industry.

Despite of the good and bountiful relationship between your parents, you and Beomgyu remained as casual friends.

Ever since you were kids, you never left each other's side. The two of you always do things together, just like how best friends are. You were the greatest partners in everything...

But that was before the accident happened.

Beomgyu's 10th birthday

The Chois held a party for Beomgyu's birthday at their house. You and Beomgyu were busy, playing with the other kids. Running around, you try to chase him. But someone pushed you so hard that it made you fall backwards.

Beomgyu stopped from playing and immediately went to help you.

"Y/N, are you fine?" He asked with a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, it's just a scratch." You smiled to assure him that you're okay.

He pulled you up and helped you stand properly. Unknowingly, a car was speeding up to the both you. It happened that Beomgyu saw it and instinctively, he pushed you away to save you. But he wasn't fast enough to run back which resulted for him to get hit.

Laying in front of you was a boy who was pooled with his own blood. His crystal eyes were looking right into yours which were glossy and widely opened. His hands were trembling and trying to reach you but he failed to.

"Y-Y/N...help me"

Days have passed before Beomgyu finally woke up after that unfortunate event. Everyone was so happy to know after hearing the good news but their celebration didn't last long. They learned that he lost his sense of sight because of the incident.

"Mom? W-why can't I see you? W-what's happening?" Beomgyu kept on wiping his eyes, but only tears came out.

"Gyu, your eyes-"

"MOM! DAD! WHY IS IT LIKE THIS? W- WHY CAN'T I SEE? WHY?!"

The 10 year old boy can't help but to cry and shout. He can't accept the fact that he can't see anymore. That moment, he felt so weak and worthless.

His parents tried seeking help from professionals. They went everywhere just to find a solution. But no matter how much effort they give, unfortunate things happen. This cause Beomgyu to lose hope. As much as he wants to live normally again, he thinks that it may be really his fate.

This made you so guilty. You started blaming yourself, telling that you should have save him that time. Every night, that scene would always hunt you in your dreams. Hearing his cries while his body is bathed with blood. You were trying to reach his hands but something is pulling you back. 

The happenings were slowly  making you lose yourself. Your parents were doing their best to calm you down, but it just gets worse each day. Because of that, your family made a promise to the Chois, to somehow make you feel better.

To lessen the regrets that you have, you always accompany him and make sure to keep him safe. But that didn't helped you two to be close once again. No one knows why the both of you stopped talking and became distant to each other.

Present time

It was the first day of school. You were on your last year so promised to do good. As you went out of your luxurious car, you can see students entering the school with their friends and excitedly walked to class. You quietly skip in the hallways when you heard a familiar voice.