Davos

Arya was sat in a chair, rocking Nymeria to sleep, with Gendry sat on the arm of the chair watching. They both smiled down on her as she slept. She was their world.

"Come on, we're leaving," Davos burst into the room.

"Leaving?" Arya asked, and Gendry stood up.

"I hate to be the bringer of bad news but you my dear lad are being sent off again on my behalf. Pack anything the three of you will need. Don't think of coming back up here until I send you a raven saying it's safe. I'll make sure someone's payed to tell you if I die,"

"I don't understand,"

"Arya, your lives are in danger. There's no justification for the murder of an innocent. No matter who passes the sentence,"

They gathered their dearest belongings, and got in a carriage Davos had payed for. 

"Thank you, Davos. You're a good man,"

"Try and stay outta trouble aye?" 

Gendry nodded, feeling sad as the carriage rode away from the man. The closest thing he'd ever had to a father. Gone. 

"I told you I'd take you both to the sea, didn't I?" he said, quietly so he didn't wake Nymeria, who was in a basket filled with blankets for when she slept during the journey. She leaned into him, and he wrapped him arm round her shoulders.

"I'm gonna miss it here,"

"We'll come back," he said gently, kissing her head, "Where do you want to go?"

"King's Landing. You've seen my home, I want to see yours,"

"No you don't," he laughed, "Fleebottom is-"

"Dangerous, dirty, smelly. I know you all ready told me. Which is exactly why it's the safest place for us to be. Under Cersei's nose. Danearys would never expect it,"

"I suppose,"

"Just until she's grown. When she's started to walk, we can travel,"

"Where would you like to travel to?"

"I wouldn't mind going back to essos. It's actually quite nice their, but the people are untrustworthy. I'd like to see the iron islands one day. Theon would always tell me stories about them,"

"Then that's where we'll go,"

The journey was long and tiresome. From the carriage to the boat to the walk through King's landing. All of it was draining.

"This is my home," Gendry said, walking into the blacksmith's.

"We're closed," a man shouted from inside. Gendry put his finger on his lip to keep Arya quiet.

"Are you dumb? I said we're-" he walked into the area that they were stood in, wiping his hands but stopped when he saw Gendry, "Gendry! It's been so long, I thought you were dead!"

"Nick, this is Arya. Arya, this is my brother Nick,"

He reminded her of Robb, very much. He had scruffy black hair and high cheekbones, with a rounded chin covered in hair. He had green eyes with lines underneath that creased more when he smiled. 

"And this, is our daughter... Nymeria," 

"I... I'm an uncle?"

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Would you like to hold her?" Arya asked.

"Are you sure?" 

"Certain," She took the child and carefully placed her in his arms.

 "she's beautiful. She has your eyes. And your hair," he beamed, "hello," he grinned as she took his little finger in her hand, "you two did well with this one," he placed a kiss on her head and gave her back to Arya after a while.

That night, Gendry explained everything to Nick. About Nymeria. And the night king. And Danaerys. And his father. 

"But no matter what, you'll always be my brother, and you'll always be Meria's uncle nick,"

"He used to talk about you all the time when he came back the first time. Arya this and Arya that. Do you want me to bring you any ale back with me? Arya likes ale. Do you want me to help you with this order from winterfell? Arya's from Winterfell. Do you want the green or the blue? Either, Arya likes both," they all laughed, and Gendry blushed a little. 

"What about you anyway? I believe you were the same with a certain Margery Tyrell. You never bloody shut up about the woman I was honestly afraid you'd meet her," they laughed again. 

Nymeria began to cry, and Arya stood, as did Gendry. They both went for their weapons instinctivly, and then relaxed and put them back.

"You sit down. I'll go,"

"No, I'll go she's due feeding,"

"You sure you don't want e to handle it?"

"I'm perfectly capable Gendry, but thank you,"

"As M'lady commands," he laughed as she picked up a book from the side and hit him over the head with it, playfully, before walking away.

"You've found gold with this one," Nick smirked.

"You should see her fight,"  he chuckled.

"Everything you said about her was right, I can see why you love her. She's perfect for you,"

"You just like that she hit me over the head with a book," he laughed.

"Among other things," he smiled, "let her go, and I'll use your spleen for stew,"