| checking out | ~ r weasley

Y/N

Clumsily walking to the train finding myself a compartment for me to stay in for the mean time. Today is my first day attending Hogwarts, school for the witches and wizards. My mum and dad met there which I believe is to be very common. I'm hoping to be sorted either in between Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff cause my mum was in Raveclaw and my dad was in Hufflepuff.

I look around to see if there were still any available and I see one but was occupied by two boys, I pluck up the courage and knock on the door then opening it, "Hello. I was wondering if I could sit with you, everywhere is full." I smile warmly at them. Then the boy with round glass nods, "Yeah, yeah. Sure."

"Thank you." I smile, sitting down on the opposite side from them. Their couch was full of sweets that I think was bought from the trolley.

"Would you like some chocolate frogs?" The same boys says, handing me a chocolate frog. I chuckle, "No, thank you. Had one once and I got traumatized when it jumped onto my hair. By the way, I'm Y/N. Y/N Moore."

"I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Harry smiles, the one with the round glasses and hidden lightning scar behind his bangs that was covering almost his eyes. The other boy beside him stayed silent, turning red occasionally.

"Ron." I hear Harry whisper to his friend, nudging him with his shoulder. Then Ron looks up at me saying, "I'm Ron. Ron Weasley."

"Nice to meet you, Harry and Ron." I smile. Then he takes out his wand and says, "My brothers Fred and George taught me a spell that changes this rat yellow."

"I would like to see it!" I gasp, leaning closer to him. His rat was on his lap with its head on a box of chocolate frogs. Before he could chant the words, the doors slides up and reveals a girl with bushy brown hair.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one." She questions, looking at the three of us. My eyed widen in horror looking around the compartment hoping Neville's lost toad wouldn't magically just jump on the top of my head and making its scary, ominous sound! Toads are very scary, they look bloody demented, I'm telling you.

"Not that we know of." I answer shakily before resting back on the couch, calming myself down. Harry looks at me worryingly. Then the girl sees Ron hand out with his wand around his fingers, she looks at him, "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then."

Ron nods, coughing, "Sunshine, daises, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He points his wand at his rats body but did nothing but blast a small ray of yellow wisp from the tip of his wand and hit the rats bottom making it run away from him.

The girls seems unfazed by Ron's attempt on turning his rat yellow, furrowing her eyebrows at Ron. She questions him, "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example..." The girl moved closer to Harry while I move further to the side so she can perform her magic on Harry. She takes her wand out from her robes then pointing it at Harry's glasses making him tense up.

"Oculus Reparo." The girl chants, then Harry's glasses, which noseband is battered, are repaired. Harry takes them off, amazed by the magic she's done. Then she states proudly, "that's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger... and you are...?" She glances at Ron.

Ron answers with a mouth full of sweets, "I'm... Ron Weasley."

"Pleasure." Hermione looks disgusted at Ron's unmannered gesture then turns to me. I answer almost immediately, "I'm Y/N Moore."

"Merlin! Moore? As in Jonathan Moore?" She gasps. I shrug, nodding, "Yeah? That's my dad."

"I love your dad's works on novels and your mum? She's the most brightest and intelligent students ever attended in Hogwarts!" She takes my hand then pulling me into a hug. I look over to the two boys mouthing, "What?"