| afraid | ~ h potter *

This request is made by the lovely EmmeWoods137 thank you for being VERY patient <333 I made this long to make up for the long time this took me!!

_________________

That smile. That bloody smile. Seeing that smile made me feel amazing and could conquer anything. His smile gives me encouragement to finish something I started and couldn't finish but what one thing I couldn't finish was my feelings for him. It started on our first year on Hogwarts, the day we were about to be sorted when he was in front for a split second our eyes met and he smiled at me, I know that that smile might not be directed towards me but I thought of it otherwise. I liked him not because of surviving his attack but how he was courageous and caring of his friends. That was it.

Each day, I get to see him do another act of courage which basically now is his thing. Each year now is our fifth year here in Hogwarts. Which means another year for a huge Potter stunt.

Arriving down at the Great Hall, I clutch my book to my chest as I walk down the aisle to get to my seat anywhere on the huge column, after finding a spot equal distance from people, people tend to find me intimidating for some reason. Maybe it's because of me being related to Merlin, the greatest wizard ever in history being sorted into Slytherin. I'm lucky to be related to him being passed down a great power from each wizard and witch ever.

I place my book on the table, opening up my quidditch notebook and jotting some notes, techniques and requests. I tried out on my first year for chaser and I got the part surprisingly with the help with Oli, my cousin, Oliver Wood who is the captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team.

"Hey Em!" I hear someone call for me, already knowing who it would be, I turn around and say, "What now, Oli?"

He smiles at me before sitting down beside me, "Practice later, be there early."

"Always, like there's anything for me to do." I chuckle, trying to cheer myself up the fact that I'm basically lonely and on my fifth year on Hogwarts. Never thought this would happen. Oli on the other hand, is bloody popular for his looks and being captain of the team. He pats my shoulder and says, "I told you to socialize to other people, or you could always hang out with me and the boys."

I nod, "I know, I know. I just... don't know how, okay? I'm not experienced on that area."

"Well, one way or another. You gotta do it!" He smiles before jumping off the bench, "I'll see you later, branch."

"Wow, really? See you later, branch?" I laugh, mocking him. He stuck his tongue out at me, "Best thing, I could come up with."

"Pathetic." I laugh before turning back in the comfort of my chicken nuggets and sweets in front of me. I pull a plate of nugget closer to me so everyone who tries to take one knows that I've already got this for myself. I am that selfish with my chicken nuggets.

I was eating peacefully before I heard their voices, walking closer to the table I'm in. I mentally panic and try to get up until I heard them sit down close to me leaving a distance beside me. Hermione sat opposite while Harry and Ron sat on my side with Harry a couple feet away from me. My cheeks started to burn from the embarrassment. Trying to ignore the fact that the guy I have a crush with for five years is sitting beside me and closest we've ever got apart from quidditch games where we zoom past each other.

I bury my head in my notebook, writing down more notes which looked like:

Harry Potter sat beside me, I'm akdnwmaklwlqksklsnfnfkeowoaoadnskwka