| wishes do come true | ~ h potter *

This request is from the lovely Amy2052 !! I'm sorry if it took me long <3 I just want to make sure you'll love it!! Hopefully, I did great!

_________________

Walking out of my room, I was greeted by Sir Nicholas, the nearly headless Nick what the other students call him. He smiles at me, "Good morning, Ms. Y/N!"

"You gave me a scare, Sir Nicholas. Good morning to you, did you sleep alright?" I smile back at him, letting my hand back down after it flew up to my chest in fear. He nods, "Slept ghostly."

"That's great." I reply, walking towards to Dumbledore's office where he was staying at. I never came to the term on calling him Father, cause he isn't technically my father, instead I call him Uncle, which seems better.

"Are you excited starting your second year here in Hogwarts?" He asks me, I sigh looking around the castle, "Yeah, I mean I am but I'm scared when they know that I'm an orphan and Dumbledore took me in. What if they don't like me?"

"They'll like you, you're the best witch I know!" He exclaims making me giggle, "Thank you, Sir. I should check on in Dumbledore."

"Have a wonderful day." He salutes to me. Thanking him, "You too."

Walking up to Dumbledore's office, I didn't need a password all I had to do was stroke the gargoyle's wing and it would immediately take me to his office. Seeing him standing closely to Fawkes, his Phoenix. I walk over to him, "Good morning, Uncle. Good morning, Fawkes." I stroke Fawkes feathers, he chirps at me making me smile.

"Good morning, Y/N. Are you ready for today?" He asks me. I nod, "I got everything on the list. All I need is a companion but I'm sure I could earn some money to buy an owl."

Dumbledore shakes his head, "No need for that. I'm appointing Fawkes to be your companion when you're in dire need."

"But—." I gasp until he cuts me off, "A sign of gratitude for being everyone's light in Hogwarts."

"Not everyone. Uncle Sev, hasn't agreed on teaching me how to brew Felix Felicis." I frown, sinking back down the couch.

"That's a NEWT level Potion, my dear one. You'll learn it in a couple years." He chuckles. Before letting me off, I smile walking out his office and looking for Uncle Sev who always stayed at his office in the dark. Running down to the dungeons, I was about to enter the classroom until I heard some giggling, knowing what my fate would be when I opened the door, I looked around, saying, "I know you're here, Peeves. I am not falling for your pranks."

Then the prankster revealed himself, "I almost got you! Why won't you fall for my tricks?" The prankster wailed in annoyance. It's true, I've never fallen for his tricks.

"I'm just better than you, Peeves. If you don't mind, I have to talk to Uncle Sev, see you later..." I smile waiting for him to finish my sentence. He giggles, "Alligator!" Before zooming away. I shake my head disabling whatever he did to the door before walking inside the classroom to see Uncle Sev.

"Hey Uncle Sev, are you excited that I'm finally starting Hogwarts! What if I'm in Slytherin? If I am, will you finally teach me Felix Felicis?" I chuckle, walking around the dimly lit classroom. Uncle Sev rolled his eyes, organizing the Potions cabinet.

"I have no time for bets, Y/N. Make yourself useful and help me clean—." He starts. I cut him off, "Would you look at that, I'm pretty busy. Got to blast!" I yell running off.

A week passed, nothing much happened other than being sorted into Gryffindor alongside the Golden Trio, the trio which everyone praised except for Slytherin who despised them. Sitting beside Oliver Wood which I came to friendly terms with also Percy Weasley.