✝One✝

Hello there. That was creepy, but it's okay because the whole moral of this book is supposed to be creepy. To celebrate my favorite holiday, I decided to write a Halloween special. 

This story takes place in Kellin's point of view, but may change to Vic's and Craig's (The Bus Driver) every now and then. 

So here's a short summary for you: Kellin and Vic sit by each other on a decoy bus that actually takes them to an asylum instead of their homes.

Don't forget to vote and comment, you guys are the best! Enjoy...

        10-15

Ah, Fall's here again.

The tree leaves are changing to bright red, orange, and yellow. I've kind of miss this. Winter annoys me though, all the snow and whiteness. It hurts my eyes. Plus I dislike the cold. But Fall is just right. Everything just seems more.... alive.

And then there's Halloween, my favorite holiday. Or at least I consider it a holiday. The little kids at my doorstep annoy me, though. I'd rather walk around town and check out haunted houses. And that's what I plan to do this Halloween, sixteen days from now.

My days have been dragging honestly. Work is always backed up, so I'm working double shifts. I'm just so stressed out. October has always been a busy month for us.

And in the hours I'm not hung up at work, I have stuff to do at home. Hell, I barely have time to make myself dinner. 

But shit happens, and I'm learning to accept that. I'm always going to be busy, so what? It's not like I can just stop being busy. People depend on me, so I need to stop complaining about it and just get done what I can.

That's the spirit, right? It's easy to say positive words, but doing positive actions is another story. I'm naturally a negative person, so that makes it even harder.

But anyways, positive or not, I'm determined to make the most of these next few weeks.

With a deep sigh, I kicked the pebbles on the sidewalk, watching them roll across the pavement. Dirt clouded up and blew away. The sun started to set again.

With a sigh, I headed towards the bus stop, ready to get back home and sleep. In the morning, I have to get up and go into work early. My co worker isn't going to make it in, so I have to work her shift.

When I arrived at the bus stop, the usual green and white bus wasn't sitting there, but in fact a much smaller and more compact grey one was. Must've changed...

Something didn't feel right about this bus, but whatever it was probably wasn't serious. 

So with that, I stepped onto the eerie looking bus and took a seat next to a hispanic looking boy.

"Hi." He said and I was startled by how deep his voice actually was.

"Hi." I replied, shaking his hand.

"I'm Vic." He replied, flashing me a smile. His teeth were white and straight, and attractive. Hell, he was attractive.

"Kellin." And that's all we said for the rest of the bus ride.

        Craig

 -An hour before-

"Alright everyone, just stay here, I'll be back in a little, just....behave yourselves." I warned the passengers that were not listening and in fact, just chattering among themselves. One girl, Mona, kept laughing obnoxiously, while her sister Lisa was throwing herself against the bus walls frantically. 

Everyone else just looked discolored and quite hungry. No wonder they were all insane. Hands latched onto my arms as I heard cries and whimpers, begging in particular. But I shoved them away and stepped off the bus.

I was going into the bar before returning to the asylum to give them the new crazy's. I always do this twice a week. We round up people who are mentally complicated and ship them off to the asylum.

I sat down at the bar next to a few guys, watching them speak among themselves. I didn't really know them, but I had seen them here before.

A couple beers later, reality hit me. Quickly, I stood up and dug into my pocket, looking for my key. And there it was.

My feet led my swiftly out the door and back to the bus. The door was open as I had left it accidentally, and when I got on the bus it didn't surprise that none of the mentals were on it.y

They escaped. Shit, I'm fucked now.

Without returning to the bar to pay my bill, I started up the engine and drove off in search of everyone. But how was I supposed to fine twenty-seven mentals before returning to the asylum in three hours?

A hour past and I didn't see any of them anywhere. Where the fuck could they have gone?

I pulled over on a dirt road and rested my head on the steering wheel. What to do? I can't lose my job!

I put my brain to it's good use and tried to come up with a plan to get them back to the asylum. Crazy people like them can't live in a world like this, they just aren't cut out for it.

And then, I had a plan.

If I could convince everyone that I was an actual bus driver, maybe, just maybe, I could get passengers onto the bus and take them to the asylum instead. Then, nobody would get in trouble. It's not like the asylum would know them in the first place.

With a wicked grin, I sped off towards the closest bus stop, which was only a few blocks down from here. I parked in the spot early, just so the other bus wouldn't pick anyone up. And sure enough, the usual green bus went past me and onto its next destination.

And so, I waited. And sure enough less than ten minutes later, little groups of innocent people started towards the bus. Many gave me and the bus itself skeptical looks, but continued on anyways. I watched a few guys get on shortly after, sitting down in the seats that once held mental patients. But not anymore.

When everyone was on, I pulled out from the parking spot and sped off the the destination they all weren't expecting.

The asylum.