✝Nineteen✝

Final chapter! This is taking place two months after Kellin's escape from the asylum.

        12-24

Not a day passed that I didn't think of Vic. I hadn't heard from him or Grilden since we split up. But rarely did I have time to think about them for a long period of time. My family and friends had been with me ever since. 

I told them I was okay and I wasn't going to go back, but they stuck with me just in case. 

It turns out, they has started a search warranty for me, but nobody could track me down. They never assumed I was taken to the asylum. Many people were looking for me, and the others of course. It was a group search.

When I returned home, I was finally alone for once. Nobody came in with me. I guess they've accepted that I was safe and no longer needed their help, though I do appreciate their concern. It shows how much they care.

The house was quiet, as I remember the cells were all night. I wonder if they ever found the knife hidden under my bed. I wonder what Andy's doing.

He probably hates me now that I left him there. 

I also thought about Vic. Continuously I pray he didn't end up back in that hell hole. But I know Vic, he's quick on his feet, and he's sneaky. No way could they have captured him. But Grilden, I'm not sure.

I have shared my story with very few people, and when I did I left out minor details. Like the one where I was going to commit suicide. Honestly, now I happy I didn't go through with that. Things wouldn't be okay if I did.

I was naive to think everything was going to be okay without me. I guess I never saw how much everyone cared.

It was a real eye opener. 

One of the main problems with the world is that people don't appreciate the friends and items they have. You take it for granted until it's ripped out of your hands in an instant. And now that I had it back, I knew that for the rest of my life, none of this would be taken for granted again. 

I got myself a glass of water and turned on the TV, watching whatever came on. Sometimes I wish we would've made the news. That would show me if Vic escaped. But unfortunately, we didn't make the news.

That kind of sounds selfish, but whatever. I never meant it in that manner. I began to worry about him, how could I not?

With a sigh, I watched TV for about another hour before I turned it off and headed off towards my bedroom. When I entered the room, I hurried to my bed, ready for another restless night. But I stopped myself.

There lay on my bed something yellow.

And what was it you ask? A Christmas bow. My heart pace quickened. He was here, wasn't he? I searched the room frantically in the hopes of seeing his face again. But he was no where. I ran out the room and searched all the rooms, but he was still no where to be found. Did he leave?

When I entered my room again, I sat down on my bed and picked up the yellow Christmas bow. It looked the same as the one in the asylum, except it was colorful, like the sun. I smiled, twirling it around in my fingers. Finally, I set it down on my dresser and sat back down on the bed. I buried my face into my hands, trying not cry. I just wanted him again.

Surely he was here, unless this was some sort of prank. But who could've made a bow that looked so much like the original? I thought back on when he gave it to me the first time. He said he wished he could've made it yellow, my favorite color.

"I found yellow paper last night." I heard him say from behind me. My heart skipped a beat from the revelation. And when I looked behind me, he was there. This wasn't a dream, Vic stood before me. I smiled, yet I didn't hug him. 

"So I made it for you, I remembered you said it was your favorite color." He spoke again while I watched him intently. Tears fell from my eyes, but they weren't the ones I cried in the woods that evening. These were happy tears.

Quickly, I got off the bed and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly. I buried my head into his neck, taking in his scent. He smelled clean, and fresh. His voice didn't sound flat anymore. He sounded...alive, like I did now.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I pulled away, holding onto his forearms. I looked at the clock. It was almost midnight.

Tomorrow was Christmas.

"Where were you?" I asked him quietly, gazing into his eyes.

"I was here, I just didn't know where you were. I searched for a long time...You weren't in the phone book."

"I'm so sorry, I should've looked for you too. It's just that my family was with me all the time and-"

"It's alright Kellin." He assured me, wrapping me in his arms again. "I was worried sick about you, I'm just glad that you're okay."

"I'm glad that you're okay too." I whispered, wiping at my eyes once he released my small figure. I looked at the bow, and then at the clock.

The date changed in an instant. It was no longer December 24th, it was the 25th.

Christmas.

"So, is that my Christmas present?" I joked, walking over to the bow and picking it up. "It's beautiful, just like the first one." I complimented before placing it back on the dresser.

"Thank you, but that isn't your present." He said a slight chuckle.

"It's okay...Having you here is my present." I said softly. Vic smiled, and I could tell he was trying not to let his eyes go hazy from tears.

Slowly and gradually he came towards me again and grabbed my hands.

"I still love you." He said, melting my heart like he had the first time. But nobody seperated our close bodies this time.

"I still love you too." I replied, squeezing his hand.

And with one last smile, he closed the gap between us, kissing me softly.

What a perfect way to end my entries:

Lastly was our first kiss.