✝Two✝

Kellin

        10-15

I fell asleep  on the bus, as usual. But when I woke up, my eyes met Vic's brown ones. They weren't relaxed either.

"What?" I whispered, looking around to see everyone looked just as worried as Vic.

"L-Look." He pointed out the window. I stretched over and looked out his window. What I saw startled me. We were no longer in my hometown. We were at that asylum we always learned about.

"Why are we here?" I asked Vic, but before he could answer, I heard a clap. I peered around the seat to see the bus driver rubbing his hands together slowly. I shivered.

"Hello...people." He spoke coldly. "You probably all wonder why we're here right now." Everyone, including myself nodded. "Well, this is your new home silly's!" What?

I glanced over to Vic and bit my lip.

"Excuse me, but whatever prank you're pulling-" A lady began to say.

"This is not a joke, now shut your trap." The bus driver barked startling us all.

Everyone was silent as we listened to the bus driver, who's name is Craig. Apparently he went into a bar and lost all the mental patients, so now we're decoys? What kind of sick twisted bastard does this shit?

"As I was saying." He began "Welcome to your new home. I expect you to behave properly, or else you will be punished."'

"You won't get away with this." I heard Vic growl at the man, making the hair on my neck tingle. Could he get away with this?

After a few minutes of everyone struggling to escape the bus, everything settled. Craig grabbed two people by the arm and  pushed them out the door, never letting go. Another man came out and grabbed another two before the doors were locked.

"We gotta bust this window out." I said to Vic frantically. I didn't know him very well, but now wasn't the time to worry about that.

"Don't try, they don't break." Some lady called out. She must've been trying. 

"Shit..." I mumbled as the two returned. They were only a few rows ahead of Vic and I. I glanced at him nervously. "What's going to happen to us in there?" I whispered to him, my heart beat irregular. 

"I don't know, but whatever happens isn't going to be pretty."

And then I lost all hope. there was no way out of this. I wasn't going to go home to sleep in my bed tonight, let alone see my friends again. I'm going to be locked up and called crazy, even when I perfectly sane.

Craig and the helper returned a few minutes later, reaching our row. I watched as Craig grabbed and yanked a lady's arm, making her cry out in pain. I also heard him whisper to her to shut up, but I ignored that because I was completed frantic and was freaking out.

I felt Vic's arm bump me, so I turned to him. His eyes held as much worry as mine, but deep down in those chocolate orbs I saw hope. Everything felt slightly better now.

And then I felt him. I don't know who him is, but whoever he was had a firm grip on my arm before yanking me from my seat. 

I stood up and was dragged from the back to the front, and out the doors of the bus. We scurried up to the asylum, which looked darker than ever. It wasn't until we were inside that I realized how terrifying it must be to live here. 

Everyone else looked so...dead. They were pale and scrawny. Is this what I'm going to be?

The man led me away from the others and down a dark hallway. There were cries and screams coming from multiple cells locked up securely.