✝Fifteen✝

My eyes widened at the sight in front me. With a mischievous grin, Grilden moved towards me. I back up, pressing myself against the counter. Fear coursed through my body.

"I told you there was a price to pay." His finger trailed up the knifes sleek edge until he reached the tip. He poked it and grinned. 

"P-Please don't." I begged mercilessly, scared for my life at this point. I wanted to die, but not like this. Grilden stood before me. His breath was distasteful, as was his closeness to me. 

"So...where do I begin?" He questioned with a smirk, trailing the knife down my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut. "I think here." He poked the side of my neck. And then he did again harder. I whimpered as the sharp pain intensified. But then it stopped. I opened my eyes.

"Don't you dare touch him." I heard a familiar voice say. Grilden spun around.

"Company here?" He said in monotone. 

"You leave him alone." Vic snapped, storming up to Grilden and grabbing him by the collar. "You got it?"

"Like I'm scared of you." Grilden taunted. Vic's grip tightened before his eyes met mine. I was scared, that was for sure. No longer for me, but for him.

"If I ever see you again near him don't doubt for a second that I won't come in here, grab a fucking dagger and slaughter you." Vic growled before shoving Grilden away. He hit the counter behind him pretty hard. Vic grabbed my head, and we scattered out of the kitchen. 

"Are you alright?" Was the first he asked, so I shook my head. I wasn't okay. Grilden could've killed me in there. "Sit down, I'm going to talk to the guards." Vic demanded, so I nodded and watched him storm off. My eyes closed as I sat down and buried my head into a pillow. Why me?

When I opened my eyes, it took me awhile to adjust to the dim lighting again, but once I did I felt slightly better. The guards hauled Grilden from the kitchen. Vic watched from the side of the door. I couldn't help but to smile. I still didn't feel okay, but I felt slightly better now that I knew Grilden was going to pay. I rubbed my neck which was sore. Blood trickled down my fingers.

My mind filled with such bad things at the moment I saw red. But not a moment later all my thoughts were cleared when Vic sat next to me. 

"You're bleeding...Come with me." I nodded, taking his hand again. It was sweaty, notifying me he was nervous. We went into the kitchen, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to do that or not. He wet a towel and pressed the cool material to me neck. I cringed in discomfort. "Sorry..." He apologized, catching my gaze. I looked away.

"I'm so stupid." I admitted when he went to re-wet the towel.

"No you're not, this wasn't your fault." He retaliated, bitterness still in his voice. It wasn't for me though. I didn't reply solely because I didn't want to make Vic more angry than he already was. After a while, he removed the towel again and tossed it onto the table before we headed back out into the main room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Nobody noticed us, nor did they care.

The day dragged on as Vic and I went our separate ways, as usual. We didn't speak until we returned to the cell. Around this time, silence was the only thing I'd hear.  But tonight there was a lot of chattering. Vic talked into his pillow, as did I. It was nice having some time to talk with him.

"I can't do this anymore." Vic stated. He began to remove his pillow case. I gave him a questioning look. "What's the worse they can do?" I shrugged, sitting up. It was obviously late, I doubt anyone was fully monitoring us.

Vic jumped off the bed and shook the pillow case quickly before nodding for me to follow him to the corner of the room.

"No, no Vic we can't do this again...We'll get caught, remember?" 

"It wasn't late then like it is now Kellin! I have to talk to...Not like this." He said firmly, but I stayed in my place. He huffed.

"We can't go through that again." I replied, not backing down to him this time. It's not that he over powers me, it's just that I don't want to get in trouble yet again.

"Don't you care?" He asked me faintly.

"I care, but I just...I can't." He sat down against the wall, resting his head in his hands. "I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay Kellin." He confirmed, so I let out a sigh of relief. "I'm tired of being here like this." He continued, so with one glance at the camera, I walked over and sat beside him. It was like one second he was fine, but then the next all his walls broke down. Slowly, and gently, I wrapped my arm around him.

"I know how it feels." I responded in a whisper. He was so close that a whisper was loud enough. My mind thought about the cameras. Was someone watching us?

"I wish we were out of here." He said after a few minutes of silence passed. I nodded in agreement. Vic's dark eyes met mine. I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking away from him. Anxiety took over. "If we were out here I wouldn't have to confine anything against you." He added on, still watching me.

"W-What?" I questioned. A smile crept onto his lips. His eyes gazed at the camera.

"I don't care about them anymore." Vic stated wearily, his eyes hazy. 

"What if they're watching us though?"

"Who cares?"

"I do." I shot back, but not irritably. It's hard to get irritated by Vic.

"I have something to tell you." Vic said calmly, turning towards me. "Face me please." I lifted my head and looked at him before turning diagonal to him. His breath was shaky, but eventually he grabbed my hand. The anxiety was back, but I forced myself not to budge.

"I told you I really like you, didn't I?" I nodded. "I don't like you anymore Kellin." My heart sank. "And it's really hard to say this because we've known each other for...Well, not a long time." He smiled, so I looked up to the camera. It was flashing red. 

I knew what that meant.

"V-Vic they're-"

"Shh." He interrupted. "I wasn't done." I was still in a panic, but finally I just nodded. "Even though I haven't known you for long, there's been a lot that's happened. Things I'll never forget."

"Vic n-no don't-"

"I can't keep hiding it!" Vic yelled, but not allowed enough for others to hear it. 

"I love you Kellin." He said faintly right as the doors had opened.