✝Eleven✝

10-24

"What did they do to you?" I asked Andy, burdened by his silence. His eyes met mine.

"A little of this." He said slowly, leaning his neck to the left a little. "A little bit of that." I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"Tell me." I implored. 

"Fine, she didn't cane or lash me because I'm hurt and it's not allowed or something. So instead she just let me go I guess." He replied with a shrug.

"We were worried." I began, letting out a sigh of relief. "But I know you didn't do it."

"I owed him a favor." Andy whispered under his breath, adjusting in his wheelchair.

"For what?" I regarded.

"You know what." He said, smirking.

"You didn't." I said feverishly.

"I know, but he did something, but you don't get to know." Once again he smirked. Jerk. 

"Fine I don't wanna know." I lied through my teeth. "Now if you'll excuse me." Andy snickered.

I walked away from him and sat down at a table by myself. I couldn't make out Vic anywhere. Where was he? I didn't hear much chattering either, just the annoying song they continuously play on the record player.

I flicked my thumb on the ash tray repetitively, listening the chiming noise every time. A seat was then pulled out in front of me.

I looked up to see a man in torn up clothes sitting across from me. His whiskers were turning into a beard by now and his eyes looked like daggers. He grinned revealing his yellow teeth that were crooked and quite terrifying. I shivered when he began to speak.

"Hello, Kellin?" He said. His voice was deep and croaky. Another way to put it was plain nasty. 

"H-Hi." I said submissively. His hand extended, as if asking for me to shake it. I really didn't want to, but I did just to be polite. 

"How are you?" He retaliated quickly.

"Good...You?" His smiled again, making me cringe in disgust.

"I'm good." He put his hand on the table and knocked on the wood slightly before he leaned back in the wood chair and dug through his pocket. He pulled out a carton of cigarettes and a lighter.

"How did you..." I trailed off, shutting my mouth.

"Oh I've got ways." He responded with an annoying fit of laughter.  Thoughtlessly I watched him light it and take a puff before tapping the cigarette in the ash tray.

"Want one?" He asked me, swirling the cigarette around his lips. I shook my head passively. "C'mon, live." He pulled one out and dangled it in front of me. Finally, I took it from him. His thumb flicked the lighter, causing a small wave of fire to appear. I held the cigarette in front of it before placing it in my mouth.

I knew I was supposed to exhale, but something didn't go as planned and I ended up choking on a cloud of smoke. The man laughed.

"Exhale, remember that." He took another puff. "And don't let the sister's catch you." He added on, winking.

A moment of silence passed as I finally got the hang of it. It was distasteful though, and I was only doing it because this guy was scary.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Grilden."

"N-Nice to meet you." I replied quietly. I searched around the room for any sign of Vic. I found him.

He was sitting on the couch with a something in his hands. 

"Well, I gotta go..." I said dismissively.

"See you around." He dragged out his syllables and smiled slightly. I got up, holding the cigarette between my fingers.

I moved quickly to Vic, sitting down next to him. He looked up and smiled, but then his smile faded.

"Why do you smell like cigarette smoke?" He asked. His eyes made their way to my hands. "Oh my god."

"Shh, it's nasty." I snapped. "I only did it because Grilden scared me." He quirked his eyebrows in confusion.

"Grilden?" I pointed towards the table I was once sitting at.

"That creepy guy? Stay away form him." Vic warned. "I heard about him..."

"What do I with this?" I asked Vic cautiously, holding up the cigarette. He took it from me and threw it into an ash tray next to him.

My question was if they don't like you smoking then why do they have ash trays everywhere?

"Ta da." Vic said with a smile, causing my heart to beat erratically. My eyes dilated, and he must've noticed too. "What's wrong?" He asked fleetly.

"N-Nothing." I dismissed, giving him a small smile. He calmed down and looked back at what was in his hands.

"Where did you get that?" I asked him, touching the clean, white paper softly.

"I found it in the hallway, it must've fell. I'm doing origami." I watched his fingers as he bent the paper back and forth for an extended period of time.  

"It look's like a Christmas bow." I said with a slight laugh. His eyes met mine.

"That's what it is." Was all he said before looked back down at the paper in between his fingers.

I closed my eyes, trying to think through what to do or say right now. I was at loss for words. Every day it became more of a struggle to think of what to say to him. I was no longer at ease in conversations with him.

"It's good." I finally decided to say, complimenting his work.

"Thank you." he replied, smiling but not looking back up. I'm glad he didn't.

Just the way he looked at me made everything feel so much distinct than the normal me. I know why I feel like this, but I don't understand why it happens all of time. I just wish I knew how he feels.

Vic never seems to get nervous when he's around me. I can't help but wonder if he thinks about me in the cell at night, because I sure do. I think about he's literally three feet from me and how I wish sometimes he was closer. i also wonder if he thinks of me in a different way than friends. I wonder what he means by liking me. I know told me that for a reason, but maybe I took it too literal. Why would he?

And how can even have a crush on someone when you're locked up in a place similar to hell? It's just complex I guess. 

My mind wandered as I continued to watch Vic mess around with the paper and occasionally, I found myself just looked at him in general.

No, he was not as attractive as he was on the bus, but he still looked good. His skin tone was paler, as I assumed mine was. His clothes were covered in dirt and his hair was messy, but none of that fazed me. I still saw the man i saw on the bus.

And then I noticed something else. I was sitting really close to him. Our legs would possibly bumped into each other, so out of pure instinct, I moved away slightly. I should probably leave him alone anyways. The guards are probably going to notice us anytime soon as well.

"Well, I'm gonna go again..." I said quietly, silently hoping he'd look up at me again. And when he did, m heart fluttered.

"Okay, bye." He said in his raspy voice that he had and has had ever since that night in the cell. 

"Bye." i replied, getting up off of the couch. I searched around the room, but I didn't see Andy anymore. Where do these guys even go? Grilden was anywhere either, so i moved back to my original spot and fumbled with my fingers.

There was really nothing else to do here. I mean I could go play games with Philomena and her friends, but I feel like an outcast. Technically I am an outcast.

I'm an outcast because I'm sane.