✝Seven✝

Kellin

        10-19

Last night was a long one for sure. I didn't fall asleep quickly, though I pretended to. I didn't want Vic to be worried about me, so I faked it. Then every once and awhile I'd turn to him and watch him. 

First he'd glance at me, so I'd shut my eyes again, and then he'd look out the small window on our cell door. Finally he laid down and stared at the ceiling before his eyes closed softly and didn't open for the rest of the night.

I fell asleep shortly after.

But today is another day. I'm not sure what time it is, or what day. It feels like I've been in here for a week, but I don't know if i'm even there yet.

I can't even see a month of us in here. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

The free room was crowded as usual. Philomena and Vic talked, so I sat out and just watched them. Philomena didn't seem to be sick at all, and I can't help but to wonder if she was on the bus too. I just don't remember seeing her.

"Why are you here?" I heard her ask Vic, who looked down at his fingers, playing with them.

"Um..." He started off, looking back up. "Well, I got onto a bus I thought was going to take me home. And then it turned out to be a decoy and the bus driver told us a lot of patients escaped and now we were decoys. I'm not crazy, Philomena. I was trapped." And I couldn't have said it any better. Finally, he looked over to me, so I just nodded in agreement.

"Oh." Philomena said, smiling and getting up from the table. Like every morning, she went to see the chronic masturbator. I don't know his name, just his case.

"Hey." I heard Vic say from behind me now. I turned around to see him standing behind my chair. I smiled.

"Hey." We hadn't really talked today. "Thanks for taking me back to the cell last night. I don't know what happened."

"Sure thing, I think what you saw scared you." I nodded in agreement again. 

Vic looked as if he was going to say something else, but a loud bell interrupted him. We looked around, but nothing looked unusual. But then I saw it.

Sister Margaret strolled out of the hall with a boy in a wheelchair. I knew that face. He was the boy who almost died last night.

The reason I passed out. It made me sick to look at him right now too. I got up and stood behind Vic slightly.

"Attention children." She began in that raspy tone I hate so much. "This is our new patient, Andy. He just got out of the medical care today and his leg is hurt. We'd appreciate it if you'd help him out." And that was all she said before leaving the boy there and walking away. Everyone stared at him, including myself.

Andy rolled his eyes before rolling over to a table close to us.

"Should we talk to him?" Vic whispered to me, so I shook my head quickly.

"I want nothing to do with him." I said harshly, looking at boy who was now looking back.

Please don't come over here.

Too late.

"Hey so, wanna explain why you're whispering and looking at me?" He was abrupt about it.

"We weren't talking about you." Vic said defensively, so I just stayed behind him.

"Sure. Who's he? Your boyfriend?" He teased.

"He isn't my boyfriend." I finally said, stepping from behind Vic. My eyes flared. Vic's hand went to my shoulder, so I looked at him. His soft, brown eyes told me to calm down, so I did. I looked back at Andy.

"Well..." He began, emphasizing everything he said. "I'd love to chat, but I'll leave you two homo's to your job." He winked at us before rolling himself across the room, lighting a cigarette someone left on a table.

What a prick.

"Don't let him bother you." Vic said, nodding at me. I smiled.

"I won't, I just-" My eyes drifted back to him. "I don't like people like him."

"Maybe it's an act." Vic replied.

"Are you defending him?" I said harshly, looking at him fully now.

"No, I'm just saying. Sometimes when you meet someone for the first time, they cover themselves up with dirt. Maybe he's nice, or maybe this is actually what he's like." I understood, but I didn't want to.

So I just nodded and sat back down on the couch this time. Vic on the other hand walked over to other people. He loves to converse it seems.

I on the hand was perfectly fine being alone, and I also wanted to sleep. So I did just that. I fell asleep with my head on one of the pillows.

I was also awakened abruptly by a shooting pain down my right cheek. When I opened my eyes, Sister Cecelia was standing there. I scrambled up and off of the couch.

"What was that for?" I asked angrily, but not angry enough to intimidate her.

"No. Sleeping." She said firmly through gritted teeth before walking out of the room.

I rubbed my cheek before sitting back down on the couch. How long was I asleep? Why didn't anyone warn me?

"Are you alright?" I heard someone say to the left of me, but it wasn't Vic. It was Andy again.

"I'm fine." I spat, looking away from him.

"I wanted to apologize." He said more calmly and less dramatically. "I just assumed you guys were talking about me badly, and I don't like gossipers."

"We weren't gossiping, Vic simply asked me if we should go talk to you."

"And were you going to?"

"...No..." I admitted. He smiled.

"Good."

"What?"

"I don't really like people approaching me, I like to approach people." He said with a shrug. My eyes drifted to his leg. "Gunshot wound. I went into shock right after." Why was he just telling me this?

"You were in a fight or something?" I questioned. That doesn't explain why he was here.

"I was in a war." He replied, staring at me through deep brown eyes much like Vic's. "With myself that is." My breathing evened. I though he was being legitimate.

"Why?" I asked without really thinking. "I mean if you want to tell me."

"I'll tell, I love telling stories." He said enthusiastically. I smiled at him for a change. "There's this world I see. Nothing is ever wrong, everything is peaceful. And I hate it. I hate the peace. I wanted chaos and destruction. So I pulled out my fathers gun, and I shot them."

"Shot who?"

"The people I like." My blood went cold. He was a murderer. "Every one of them, I killed. I didn't hear their pleads to spare them. I didn't hear anything." He said in a deep voice that made me shiver.  

"You actually shot people you l-liked?" I asked, moving myself farther away from him. 

"Of course not." His hand shook. "That was only in the world I dreamt of. This world we're in is already chaotic, but I found myself wanting to make it worse. So I did."

"How did you make it worse?" I blurted out. He grinned mischievously.

"I shot myself."