✝Eighteen✝

NOT the last chapter, there is one more after this which will be up tomorrow(:

       10-31

Today's the day. The day of the dead, and also my death.

But of course, I'm waiting until it's late. There's still many things to do today. And one of them is roll bread with Bethany like every other morning.

I worked extra hard and tried to be as polite as possible, not that I was ever mean. I just always seemed annoyed, but today I took that article of me off. I shined at bright as a star to be honest. 

When I finished work with Bethany, she explained some things about me.

"Well, today's your last day working here. Arkham is coming this evening and assistance will no longer be needed." She clarified, putting the tray into the oven and turning it on. "Thank you so much for your help."

"No problem." I replied with a smile before slipping off my gloves. It wasn't until I was at the door that Bethany stopped me.

"There's a rumor floating around that Arkham is going to pull a drill tonight." She whispered, so I spun around.

"What?" I questioned.

"He's going to have all the guards open the doors and see if Sister Margaret can handle the chaos. Some sort of test. Don't tell anyone I told you, in fact I'm not sure if it's true yet." I nodded.

"Thank you." I complimented before existing the kitchen. I knew where I wanted to go next.

My eyes traced the room in the hopes of finding Andy. And eventually, I seeked him out. He was sitting in the corner of the room, a cigarette dangling from his lips. I practically ran over to him.

I sat down beside him in complete silence. My fingers traced the outline of the paper tucked beneath my pants waist line. 

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" I asked politely, gazing at the cigarette dangling from his lips. He pulled it out and tossed it on the floor. It wasn't even lit.

"Sure, what do you want?" He spoke, squinting his eyes as he looked around the room.

"Vic won't be solitary forever, so when he gets out...give him this." I pulled out the note when the guards weren't looking and gave it to Andy. He looked at it with a skeptical expression.

"Why can't you give it to him?" He asked shortly after.

"I just...I can't, and don't read it please. I'm trusting you." His eyes met mine.

"Fine." He replied with a sigh, tucking it under his waist band.

"Thank you." I replied before standing up and walking away with a meer wave. 

That would be the last time Andy and I would talk most likely.

I sat on the couch, and I examined things going on around me. I wish I could've been more determined to get out of here.  But I've lost all hope in myself and this world.

So I think it's best to go now.

Several hours must've passed. I spent my day on the couch, thinking about tonight, and about Vic. Hopefully he's doing okay down there. I'm going to miss him.

With a sigh, I stood up as I noticed the guards were rounding up the patients. I also noticed the doors open, and in walked a man clothed with a long, black coat and scarf hanging around his neck. He barged through the room as if he were the king, but then I realized something.