✝Three✝

10-16

That night seemed to last for a century. But eventually, I made my way back to my own bed and slept. It's not that I wanted to sleep, but I was exhausted I ended up doing just that.

Now that I'm awake, I'm kind of lost at what I'm supposed to do. Vic's still sleeping and I haven't seen nor heard anything from the lady or anyone else.

My mind began to wander as it usually does. Am I going to get out of here? Surely my friends will try and find me. I just don't know right now.

I watched as Vic turned over and opened his eyes, squinting at me. I smiled and watched him stretch and yawn.

"Hey." He said in a relaxed tone, which told me he didn't realize where we were yet. But then, he remembered.

"Hi." I replied meekly, getting out my bed and walking to the door. I pressed my ear against it.

Nothing.

"Anything?" I heard him call, so I shook my head.

With a sigh, I moved away and sat down next to Vic.

"You feelin' okay?" He nodded.

"I'm sore, but okay."

"I wonder what they're going to make us do today." I mumbled more to myself than to him.

"I don't know, but I doubt it's anything fun."

"I just want to go home." I admitted, my heartbeat going irregular again. "I...I can't be confined like this Vic. What if we actually do go crazy here?" I thought, looking at him with a frown. 

"Hey, hey calm down. Everything's going to work out. Don't panic, just stay calm and don't let this place get to you." I nodded as I heard the lock on our door being moved around.

I promptly went back to my bed, and then the door opened, revealing a women dressed much like the other from last night had, but it wasn't her.

Her smiled was bright and lively, unlike the others.

"Hello boys." She spoke, and I relieved she didn't call us children. "It's time to eat your breakfast." I looked at Vic before nodding and following her out the door. Vic tagged behind slowly.

So, I began to speak.

"So...who are you?"

"I'm Sister Cecilia, I help guide lost souls like you." She smiled again, but I wasn't buying it. This was an act.

"There was a lady who visited us last night. She kept calling us children and-"

"That would be Sister Margaret, our headmaster. You don't want to get on her bad side." I looked back at Vic who in return stared at the floor. 

No one talked for the rest of the time before we ended up in a big room where many others stood.

My eyes first landed upon a short lady hugging her knees rocking herself back and forth. Beside her sat a man who looked intoxicated, but I doubt he was. No way did they allow alcohol here.

As we got farther into the room, I saw many others. Most were dragging around in ragged clothes, except for the new people here, including myself. It smelled bad here too.

Sister Cecilia weaved us through the crowd and helped me when some lady clutched my coat. Security I'd assume came in and took her back to her cell.

The food we got was plain and simple, oatmeal. I looked at it with disgust, but I was hungry.

"I'd suggest you to eat, unless you want to look like them." Sister Cecilia whispered to Vic and I.