Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Later that evening, we are sitting at home and I am curled into his side on the couch. We are watching a movie and I can feel his fingers lightly rubbing my side. I must have dozed off because next thing I know, I feel Juan carrying me to bed. Laying down, he lays next to me and pulls me as close as he can get.

The next morning, we head to the clubhouse for him to work and me to hang with Venus. Sitting at one of the picnic tables, my phone rings. "Hello?" I asked, not recognizing the number. "Sweet Olivia. My how beautiful you look today." he says. I stiffen and start looking around as I hang up the phone. "What's wrong?" Venus asked. "Nothing. I think I'm gonna go lay down." I tell her. I walk inside and to the dorm and lock the door. A few minutes later, I hear the door being unlocked and Juan walks in. Seeing me sitting against the headboard with my knees pulled up to my chest, he rushes to me. "Liv? What's wrong?" he asks and tries to pull me to him. I pull away and cower back. "Shit." he says as he runs to the door and calls for Venus. She comes rushing in. "Something's wrong with Liv. She won't let me touch her." he says. He stays by the door while Venus comes to me. "Hey Sweetheart. What's wrong? Talk to me." she says. I look at her and say "He found me." I whisper. "Who found you sweetheart?" she asked softly. "Mark." I say as the tears start to fall. "Baby, who's Mark?" Juan asks softly as he sits on the foot of the bed but doesn't try to touch me. "Jake's best friend." I say. "Shit. I'm going to the house to pack you some things. We stay here until we find him." he tells me and I just nod.

Juan walks out to the main room and yells for Chibs. "What's wrong Lad?" Chibs asks. "I'm going to get some things for me and Liv. She's on lockdown. One of her ex's friends found her." he tells Chibs. "Hurry back. I'll have Venus find out all she can while you're gone and then we'll head to church." Chibs says and Juan nods before heading out.

"Sweetheart, was that who called?" Venus asked. I nod my head yes. "What did he say?" she asked. "He told me how beautiful I looked today. He's watching me...here." I tell her. There's a knock on the door and Tig walks in. "What's going on?" he asked. "One of Jake's friends called her. He was watching her here on the lot. Told her how beautiful she looked today." she tells him. "Shit. Don't leave this building, okay sweetheart?" he says. "Okay." I say. "I need you to tell us everything you can." he says. I take out a pen and paper and say "This is the number he called me from. His name is Mark Roberts. That's all I know. The only time I saw him was when they were attacking me." I tell him. "That's good enough. We can find out what we need to know from there." he tells me. Walking over he kisses the top of my head and says "Love you kid." I don't look at him but say "Love you Pop."

A little later, we are sitting in the main room and the lot is on lockdown. There are prospects standing guard at the gate and at the door and the guys are in church. One of the croweaters comes over and hands me a cup of tea. "This will help with your nerves." she tells me. "Thank you." I say sincerely. Taking a drink of the tea, we see the guys come walking out. Juan walks over to me and kneels in front of me. "Are you okay?" he asked. "I will be." I tell him and I don't cower this time. "I'm tracking his phone. We'll find him. I won't let him touch you." he says. "I love you Juan." I say. "I love you too Liv. I promise you're safe." he tells me. I lean forward and kiss his lips softly and say "I know."