Chapter 16

Chapter 16

An hour later, Happy comes back with Kali and her things. "Put her things in my room." Happy says to the prospect. She looks at him and he says "You don't need to be alone." She looks at me and I pull her aside. "Kali, I know first hand what happens after something like this. If you start having nightmares or panic attacks in the night, you don't need to be alone. Trust me. Happy will take care of you. He won't hurt you." I tell her and she nods. Walking back over, I walk to Juice and he pulls me close. Kali walks over and sits on one of the bar stools and Happy is right next to her. I see him lean down and whisper something and she nods. "Heat up something for Kali." he tells the prospect. The prospect runs to do what he's told and Kali says "Thank you."

"Tell us a little more about you Kali." I say trying to get her a little more comfortable. "I moved here about a year ago from Ohio. Worked as an office assistant up until the other day. Not much else. No siblings, parents gone. Just me." she says. "Well, you have a family now. You're one of us now. You need something, you tell us. Even if it's just to talk." I tell her. "Thank you. All of you." she says and looks up at Happy. He just nods.

A little later, we are all in the dorms and I lay down with Juice. Laying my head on his chest I say "I am so glad you got there when you did. He would have destroyed her." I say. "I know. But you came back." he says. "If it weren't for you and the club, I wouldn't have." I tell him. "What happened?" I ask. "We went in like you said and the house was quiet. We found the basement door and heard noises so we snuck in. When we saw her lying there struggling to get away, I covered her up while Happy put his gun to dude's head. After getting her dressed and out of there, Rat stayed with her, we stripped him and tied him to the bed and used the toys on him. Once he was about to pass out, I stabbed him. The guys buried him. Didn't care if he was still breathing or not." he tells me. I lean up and straddle him and say "Thank you baby. You just keep saving me." I tell him. Leaning down to kiss him, he whispers "Just how grateful are you?" Smirking I purr "Oh very grateful."

We had just dozed off when I hear crying. Getting up, I walk to the door where Happy and Kali are and I hear him saying "I got you babe. No one's gonna hurt you again. I got you. It's okay." Juice is right behind me and hears this. We listen for a minute and hear her say "I promise I'll be out of here soon." We go to walk away and hear him say "No you won't. You're with me now. I won't let anyone touch you." I look at Juice shocked and he has the same look. Sneaking back into our dorm, he closes the door and I ask "Did you hear what I did?" He smiles and says "I think Happy just claimed Kali as his." Laughing softly I say "Holy shit." He laughs with me and says "Let's get some sleep."

Waking up the next morning, I get up and Happy is in the kitchen getting coffee. "How's she doing?" I ask. "Finally sleeping. Nightmares started last night." he says. "I thought they would." I say. "How do I help her?" he asks. "Me and Juice were outside the door when she woke up crying. What you were saying to her, comforting her like that? That's what you do. Keep doing that and she'll be fine. It's not going to happen overnight but the more she sees that you won't hurt her and that you will protect her, the less they will come and the better she will get." I tell him. "You heard me lay claim last night then didn't you?" he asks. "I did. And that's a good thing. When you go through something like that, the first thing that comes to a woman's mind is that no one will want her after that. That she's damaged. You telling her that she's with you now, tells her that someone does want her. It is one less thing for her mind to mess with her on." I tell him. "Thanks Liv." he says.