Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A little later, we are all sitting out in the main room and Kali comes over and asks "Can we talk?" I look at her and nod and Chibs says "You can use the chapel." We walk into the chapel and take seats next to each other. "The nightmares started last night. You were right. I didn't need to be alone." she tells me. "I have been through it. Trust me. They get better." I tell her. She nods. "Happy told me that I was with him now." she tells me. "I know. Juice and I heard you crying and went to check on you and heard what he was saying to you. He asked me this morning how to help you." I tell her. "I don't know if I can be with him." she tells me. "Why's that?" I ask. "No man wants a woman that can't take care of their needs." she tells me and the tears start to fall. "That's the thing about these men. They need love just like we do. It's not all about sex with them. When one of these guys lays claim on a girl, it's because they need them by their side. They need to know that they have someone to be their constant. To be there for them and to have someone to come home to. He's a patient man. He'll be good to you." I tell her. "Thank you Liv." she tells me. "I'm here anytime you need to talk." I tell her. We hug and leave the chapel.

Walking over to the bar, I walk into Juice's arms and she walks over and stands beside Happy. I see him put his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close. He whispers in her ear and she looks at him and say " I am now." She wraps her arms around his waist and he kisses the top of her head. I look at Juice and lean my head against his chest as he pulls me even closer. We stand there talking for a while and I ask "Anyone hungry?" All the guys start yelling their years. "Ladies, time to feed our boys." Venus, myself, Jarry, Brooke and Kali walk into the kitchen. We start making food for the guys but I see Kali is really quiet. "You okay Kali?" I ask. "Yeah. Just thinking about what you said about Happy being patient. How did you get past it?" she asks me and the rest of the ladies look at me. "Honestly, Juice and I were thrown into a house living as husband and wife in Mexico. Long story how we got there but we decided that if we were living as husband and wife that we needed to get comfortable with each other. We started out holding hands, then sleeping in the same bed. Taking things slow. He never pushed me. Then we started with small kisses here and there and one night, I realized that I was going to be okay and I kissed him. He kissed back and it wasn't until we were there a couple of months before I finally decided that I was okay to move on. That first night together was incredible. He was so gentle and attentive. I didn't know sex could feel like that. I didn't know a connection could feel as deep as that. After that, we've just taken it a day at a time." I tell her. "You think Happy would be that gentle with me?" she asks. "I do. He's a good guy. And he's loyal so him calling you his? He will die for you sweetheart. Claiming someone is not something that he takes lightly but he's a man. He's not going to know that you need unless you tell him. You have to communicate with him. He'll be there." I tell her and she nods. "Well, we're already sleeping in the same bed so that's something, right?" she asks. "Yes it is. Just take things at your pace. He'll go slow. But you need to know that these guys, they are all fiercely protective. They don't like anyone touching what they see as theirs but you have to be the same way. Don't let any bitch put her hands on your man and if he's claimed you, he's your man." She nods.

Later, after all the men are fed, Happy asks. "Can I get a minute?" I look at him and nod. We walk to the side and he says "I heard what you said to Kali. Thanks." I look at him and say "She needs to hear that. She needs you to be patient. She's hurting and lost. Just be patient with her and as hard as it is, let her take the lead on anything intimate. Let her have that control. It helps her get her power back." I tell him. He hugs me and says "Thanks Liv." before we walk back over to the bar where Juice and Kali are waiting.