◈ball

(A/n : the outfits above are the ones each member wore to the ball)

"I missed you too", she said and I swear I had heard that voice again but I couldn't recall where I heard it...

"Well I'm here now", I said and I'm sure she was smiling.

"And I'm happy that you are" , she said and kept combing my hair. She braided my hair in a beautiful low ponytail and decorated them with pearls. She then did my makeup , adding light touches of everything and smiling at me all along.

"You're so beautiful" , she said and I warmly smiled at her.

"I guess I took that from you.", I said and she softly giggled , sounding like a birds' chirp.

"Thank you", she softly said. I don't understand why she doesn't talk. Her voice is beautiful. I feel like everything about her is majestically perfect.

"Wait here... I have something to give you" , she said and headed towards her beauty stand. She opened a drawer and picked up a blue box from inside. She came and sat in front of me.

"This is for you." , she said and handed me the box. I slowly opened it and it revealed a beautiful diamond necklace.

I looked at it and was astounded by how simple yet beautiful it was

"Please wear it at the ball" , she said and I nodded while smiling. I had no words so I just let her grab the shining necklace and wear it around my neck. She handed me a mirror and I looked at how perfectly it matched my dress and how much it fit me. It felt as if it was made for me.

"Thank you so much mom , this is beautiful", I said and she smiled at me.

"It's worth it. You're my daughter. I would give my life for you" , she said and softly touched my face, her touch softer than a feather. I could see her tearful eyes and as a lonely tear fell down her cheek, I wiped it with my finger. She looked into my eyes and slowly came closer. She hugged me tightly, as if she never wants to let me go again.

And I don't want to let her go either. I tried my hardest not to cry as I hid my face in her warm chest. She emits warmth and comfort. It feels so nice , having my mother's hands wrapped around me and feeling like she can be my shield and protect me from all harm. We finally let go of each other and smiled widely. We both stood up and she held my hand as we exited her room. We headed at the ballroom to find the others and to my surprise, everyone was there. They all looked beautiful in their outfits . As me and my mother entered the room , all the eyes were focused on us. I smiled at them , mostly looking at Taehyung who seemed surprisingly happy. It's nice to see his cute , boxy smile. My father smiled at us widely but I couldn't quite make out what he was thinking.

"You both look stunning", Jungkook said and we both smiled at him.

"Well what are we waiting for? The ball is beginning!" , my father said and grabbed my mother's hand and wrapped it around his. After all these years , they're still in love. I hope me and Taehyung get to be like this when we grow up. My parents walked in front of us and headed towards this huge door. In it's side , two men, dressed in white and blue outfits, opened the door widely and a huge ballroom with golden decorations on the walls and ceiling and four golden chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling.My mouth went wide as I noticed the amount of people that were in the room, when all eyes turned towards us.