◈best friend

Then it hit me... If my father is fighting against my husband, how do I know who's side I'm on?

a few days later ...

It's been a few days since I escaped the palace and as news travel fast, the king and queen were devastated, but both me and Jackson know that they're just insanely mad that I managed to escape. Since then, Jackson has been taking care of me and now my memory is completely back. I decided to tell Jackson the entire story of how me and Taehyung met and everything about Corona and how we are dragon slayers and Taehyung and his friends control the six elements of our world.

He was quite shocked to hear that we kill dragons, but he still decided not to let it bother him too much. I also remembered being at the ball and we all had drinks so I just assumed that they poisoned us through them and Jackson told me that my mom was a master with poisons and potions and she probably used a potion to erase my memory, without affecting my pregnancy. But it's power is long gone now. These past few days I've been trying to stay safe and eat well. Jackson doesn't let me do much since he says that there's men everywhere, looking for me. I just hope that this is over soon.

"Hey ,I heard that there might be a chance that there are some of your husband's men within the kingdom.", Jackson told me while we were having dinner.

"Is there a chance that one of them could be him?", I asked, anticipating to see Taehyung.

"I think that would be a little risky. But maybe, who knows?Besides , it's all rumors ,nothing has been confirmed.", Jackson said and I looked down. I really miss Taehyung and my brother and I want them to get me out of here. I know Jackson has been more than nice to me, but this isn't my home.

"Look I know you wanna get away from here, but trust me, once the king declares we're in war, I'll try my best to find Taehyung and tell him exactly where you are and take you home."

"But... what if he won't? I mean what if my dad finds a way to kill him? I don't think I would handle it"

"He won't kill him... Remember? Taehyung has incredible powers . He'll protect both himself and you"

"No...I'm not just gonna sit here and watch them kill each other"

"Oh and what are you suggesting? That a woman in your condition could fight?"

"If I have to, I will"

"Y/n you're not thinking straight...", Jackson said. I'd lie if I said I didn't realize how stupid I sounded. But I really don't want these two kingdoms to fall into war.

"I'll just explain to them that war isn't something they want"

"But it is. Y/n, from the moment your parents saw Taehyung, they knew they had to split the two of you in order to have you all to themselves. And when Taehyung found out your dad's plans, do you think he said 'oh i'll let that bastard live'? No! Both of them want this. This war is inevitable.", Jackson said.

He was right. He was absolutely right. My head felt heavy and I felt my eyes getting watery so I just covered my face with my hands. Soft sobs were the only thing you could hear. A hand touched my shoulder and I removed my hands from my face. Jackson was sitting in front of me, eye level and gave me a comforting smile.

"Y/n", he said and removed a strand of hair in front of my face.
"I know that this is all too much for you. But I'm here for you and I'll protect you okay?", Jackson said. It's nice to have someone who wants to help me and who's there for me but deep down, I wish Taehyung was in front of me right now.

"Okay.", I softly said and gave him a reassuring smile. I know it's not his obligation to watch after me, so I really appreciate everything he's done.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat for tomorrow, you can go and get some rest", Jackson said and stood up. He waved goodbye and closed the door behind him. I did as he said and layed carefully on the bed. I touched my belly and I was so sad that I couldn't be with Taehyung right now but suddenly I felt a kick. My eyes widened immediately and I removed my hand from my belly. My baby just kicked. My eyes started to get watery again. All the sadness was now gone and those were tears of happiness. If only Taehyung was here too.I smiled to myself while I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Jackson's POV

I headed out and into Dragonthia's market. Every time I have to leave y/n alone, my heart hurts and I get nervous because if anything happens to her, I'm responsible. But I know that she's safe in that home, since no one knows about it except me and my father.I always wear a coat in order for me to keep my identity safe because the king's men are after me. I wandered around the vast market, buying some products from time to time when I realized that someone was following me.

I fastened my walking and quickly headed off road. I stopped to check behind me, but there was no one there. Did my eyes deceive me? Suddenly I heard footsteps from behind me and I slowly turned around. I couldn't see the man's face because he was wearing a long coat, but it felt like I had met him before.

"Long time no see", he said and I instantly realized who he was but before I managed to say anything someone behind me hit my head and I immediately fell down and into unconsciousness.
————
My eyes slowly opened and I immediately remembered what happened. I looked around the room I was in. It was a dark room, with no windows or any furniture except the chair I was tied in. Suddenly, the door at the edge of the room opened, revealing a man in a dark coat and I instantly remembered him. He and his friend were the ones who knocked me unconscious.

"Where am I?"

"I ask the questions here, Jackson", the man in the coat said but I couldn't recognize his voice.It was a deep, husky voice.

"How do you know my name? Do you work for the king-?", I said and got caught off guard when he pounced me in my stomach. I hissed out in pain as I saw a smirk forming in his lips. He removed his hoodie but I still didn't recognize him.

"I don't serve for that son of a bitch you call king. Now where the hell is my best friend?"