Chapter 1

Lisa's POV

Right now, I am lying in bed with a stranger I met at the bar. She's been babbling about stuff for the last 20 minutes or so before she realized that I haven't said a single word.

"Whoa, I've been talking for like half an hour already. I'm sorry," she said. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

I'm getting really tired. It's probably time for her to leave. "Well... I live alone. I'm recovering from drug addiction and both my parents are dead," I said. Two truths and a lie.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be really hard for you," she said.

"I'm fine, really," I replied.

"I'd really like to stay, but um... I've actually got class early in the morning so I probably should go."

"Sure," I said.

She put on her clothes and grabbed her bag. "Bye, Lisa!"

"Bye, uh—"

"It's Yeri."

"Right. Bye, Yeri."

She slammed the door shut.

Just another girl I'll probably never see again. If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I suck at relationships. It never worked out before so I decided to just keep things casual.

Those who attempted to be my lover all say the same thing. They say I'm too distant or too closed off that it drove them mad. I guess I like it that way... having a part of me that is untouchable. 

I put on my robe and headed to the rooftop. I lit up a cigarette and huffed. The view truly is amazing from here. Night lights lighting up the night sky. Moments like this make me realize how lonely I am. I am surrounded by all this beauty, but there is nobody to share it with.

When I finished my cigarette, I went back to my room. I lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling. It's just me, myself, and I. As always.

Silence really is deafening. I put on some music and dozed off.