Chapter 17

Rose's POV

I love spending my afternoons in the library. The smell of books and the silence just brings me peace. I was flipping through the pages of a book when someone sat beside me.

"Hey, Chaeng. I knew you'd be here."

I turned and saw someone I didn't expect to see. "Jisoo... What are you doing here?"

"I'm visiting my brother. As you know, he also studies here. I was gonna tell you, but you blocked me everywhere," she replied.

"You wouldn't leave me alone. You can't really blame me."

There was an awkward silence.

Jisoo broke the ice. "So, how have you been?"

"Everything is great. Never been better, honestly."

"By the way, I heard about your scholarship. That's really awesome. I'm proud of you, Chaeng."

"Thanks."

"Are you going back to Australia soon?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I think I actually I like it here. I've decided not to take the scholarship."

"What!? Are you insane? You've dreamed about this since we were kids!"

"Ssshhh!" said some student sitting at the next table.

"I guess people change, Jisoo," I said as I closed the book I was reading.

"Unbelievable," she said, looking a little frustrated. "Don't tell me it's because of that Lisa girl or whatever."

I was surprised with what she said. "How did you even know about her? Are you stalking me?"

"I've got friends who go here, Chaeng. So it is her, huh?"

"Whatever my reason is, it's really none of your business."

"I care about you, Chaeng. I know I messed up, but I still care."

"Right. I've heard that so many times, I've lost count," I said with a smile. "Bye, Jisoo." I stood up from my seat ready to leave.

"You're making a mistake, Chaeng. There's a lot you might not know about that girl."

"What do you mean?"

She leaned in closer and said, "She a junkie and a drug dealer. Did you know she got expelled for dealing drugs? You don't really wanna waste everything for someone as garbage as that."

"Watch your mouth, Kim Jisoo!" I might have said that a little too loudly. A couple of heads turned towards us.

"Leave me alone and don't follow me, okay?" I said before I walked out of there.