Chapter 9

Lisa's POV

I woke up to find that Chaeyoung was no longer by my side. I went to the kitchen and found her munching on something.

"Hey, Lisa," she said as she dug into a piece of pie. "Didn't wanna wake you. By the way, a nice old lady came by to give a few slices of pie. I already ate one."

"You can have mine, too."

"Are you sure? This is really delicious."

"Yep." I'm surprised she liked it. She must have an odd taste.

"Your loss."

Got myself a bowl of cereal and ate beside Chaeyoung.

She cleared her throat and asked me, "So, um, do you got any plans for today?"

"I dunno," I said. "Probably just gonna watch Netflix all day."

"I'm actually thinking of going to Sky Park today. Thought you'd maybe wanna come with."

"Are you asking me out on date? Then no."

"It's not like a "date date". We're just gonna go out as friends."

"Still no."

"Come on, it's gonna be a lot fun. I'll treat you to some ramen after."

I haven't actually gone out in a long while. Maybe it's not such a bad idea. "Ramen sounds good," I said.

"Awesome! I'm just gonna go back to my room and get ready. Be right back!" she said.

-Time skip-

It was a beautiful day at Sky Park. The sky was clear and the sun was out. At times, the wind would blow wildly, but I love the way it feels against my skin. I looked over at Chaeyoung and she looks so happy to be here. She looks so excited at the sight of literally anything.

We were on tourist mode the entire time. Good thing I brought my camera to take photos of the beautiful scenery. The flowers had vibrant colors and the smell of trees just gives me a sense of peace. I realized how much I missed being in nature.

As I was taking pictures, Chaeyoung came into view. I thought maybe I should get a shot of her. A strong wind blew over as I clicked on my camera and it blew her hair. I looked at the shot and for a moment, I could swear my heart fluttered. It looked like a scene from a movie. Chaeyoung looked so beautiful and ethereal at the same time. I couldn't stop staring.

"Hey, Lisa! Can you take a picture of me by the flowers?"

"Yeah, sure." I took a couple of shots and she looked beautiful in every single one.

While strolling around, we saw a small hut and decided to take a break.

"I've brought some snacks. Let's eat!" she said excitedly.

I looked at her while she munched on some breadsticks. I couldn't help but laugh. "What's funny?" she asked.

"You kinda look like a chipmunk," I said.

"What? Nooooo."

I started laughing even more. Then she gave me a slightly annoyed look.

"You're really cute," I said.

"Whatever, Lisa."

After that, we dined in for some spicy ramen. While we were waiting for our orders to arrive, she asked if she could look at the shots I took of her.

"Wow. These are really good shots, Lisa."

"Actually, I used to study photography."

She was silent for a while. "Cool. That explains why. Do you still go to school?"

"Nope. Not anymore."

Finally, our orders arrived. When we finished our food, we headed home. As we were about to part ways, she turned to me and said, "Hey Lisa, thanks for coming with me. I had a lot of fun." She had the sweetest smile on her face.

"I had fun, too. Good night, Chaeyoung."

"Good night, Lisa."

We headed to our own rooms.