Chapter 13

When I came home, I locked the door and went straight to my room. I grabbed the scissor and cut the rice package open. I reached inside and pulled out a bag of cocaine. I think it weighs about a pound. I put it on a weighing scale to make sure. I was right.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Just a second!" I yelled. I quickly hid my stash in a secret compartment.

I opened the door and I was greeted by a familiar face. "Hi, Lisa."

"Hey, Jennie. What's up?"

"Can I come in?" asked Jennie.

"Yeah, of course."

I let her in and shut the door behind her.

"So... what brings you here?"

"Lisa, I need to talk to you about something."

"I'm listening."

"Last night, my dad caught me snorting drugs. Now, he wants me to go to rehab."

"Jesus..."

"I have no fucking choice, Lisa. He's gonna stop supporting me if I don't go. I'm here right now because I need to ask you for a favor..."

"What favor?"

"My dealer ran out of stock and someone told me that you still sell. Please, I just need one more hit before I go to rehab."

"No. Absolutely not. I'm no longer selling, Jennie."

"Please, Lisa, I have loads of cash! I'll even pay you double. I just fucking need it."

"Jennie, I don't need your money. Please just stop—"

"I'll do whatever you want! Please!" Now she is violently pulling at my arm.

"Let go, Jennie!" I said as I pulled my arm away. "Please, calm down. You're better than this."

She started fuming. "You know what? My dad wouldn't have given you a job if it wasn't for me! You fucking owe me, Lisa!!"

"And I'm grateful for that, Jennie! I fucking am!"

"But you keep treating me like you're better than me. Well, you're not! You're just as messed up as I am!"

"I know I'm fucking messed up, but I'm trying my best. You should, too!"

"FUCK YOU! You don't get to tell me what to do. I'm out of here."

She stormed out of my place.