Chapter 71

I think I should leave." Jimin decided to leave the two alone to finally enjoy each other's presence.

"There is no need, Jimin!" Jeongguk gave Jimin a pleading look, too afraid to stay with Taehyung, who was smiling, his boxy smile full on display.

Oh how Jeongguk adored that smile.

"Actually, I'm meeting Yoongi.. It's finally time for all of us to meet." Jimin's cheeks slightly got red.

"I want to spend some time with Yoongi alone, before the others arrive.." he continued. "I bet you two want to spend some time with each other, since you never put down those damn phones since you had met."
Jimin ran his hand through his hair and left, not forgetting to send them a suggestive wink and smirk, to which Jeongguk sent a glare.

After Jimin left, it was awkward and quiet. Totally the opposite of what they had imagined would happen when they met.

They both hated the unpleasant silence. Jeongguk decided to break it.
"Why did you come here, Taehyung? And why now?" He tapped his fingers on the lace tablecloth.

"Well.. I wanted to see you.. Jimin and I have been planning this for a while." He raised an eyebrow.
"Oh?" Taehyung nodded and it got silent again.

"So uh, how have you been..?" He scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to start a further conversation.

He heard Taehyung laugh and he suddenly got shy. "What?? Don't laugh. What's so funny??"
The older reached out his hand and ruffled the other's soft locks.

"There is no need for you to be so nervous, Kooks." He said and sat back on the chair.
"Well, at least I'm trying to make a conversation.." Jeongguk mumbled under his breath and Taehyung scoffed at him.

"Since we have finally met, what do you want to do?" Jeongguk put his hand on his chin in a thinking manner, while Taehyung watched him with amusement.

"Maybe we could go outside and take a walk..?" The younger suggested.

"Really? That's all you can think of?" He raised his eyebrow and gave him a judging look.
"As I've already said, at least I'm trying to do something to break the awkward silence, unlike you."

"Whatever." Taehyung stood up and grabbed Jeongguk's hand.
The younger turned to pay for Jimin's drink and frowned a bit.

"That little bastard.. He is going to pay. Literally." Taehyung could just stare. To him, it was amazing how the younger changed his behavior so quickly. It amused him how Jeongguk switched his mood that easily.

"Say, are you bipolar?" Taehyung teased with a subtle smirk.
"No, I am just unpredictable and capricious. " he sassed as he let himself exit the restaurant before Taehyung.

The older trailed after him with a smile on his face.

"Where are we even going?" Taehyung asked.
"I don't even know. Do you want to come over to my place later? We could play games or watch Netflix?"

Taehyung got excited at the mention of games. Jeongguk always bragged about how good he was at games, so Taehyung wanted to see it for himself. Beating Jeongguk at games would make him feel so good.

"Hyung, let's head away right now. My legs hurt." He lied, just wanting to get to spend some quality time with Taehyung as soon as possible.

-

"Go faster, hyung!" Jeongguk pleaded the older, who groaned in frustration.
"I can't go faster. What do you think I am? A mashine??" Jeongguk whined at him and clenched his fist tighter.

"Come on, hyung!" Jeongguk bounced, which made his king sized bed creak.
"I'm almost there" Taehyung stuck out his tongue as Jeongguk started working his hands faster.
"Me too.."

And so, they both crossed the finish line in the game at the same time.

"Wow, hyung! You were so slow! We almost lost because of you!" Taehyung looked at him.
"Oh, yeah?" He spoke in a tad deeper voice than usual, that made Jeongguk sink in the sheets a bit.

"I suppose that's a challenge. Let's play one on one, and then we will see who's the slow one.." Taehyung suggested, which made Jeongguk smirk. He knew that Taehyung stood no chance, yet the older had some kind of hopes that he could actually beat him.

But as expected, Jeongguk had won and had Taehyung lost.

"That's not fair.." Taehyung complained after losing for the 4th time in a row.
"I didn't win even once.."
He wanted to show his skills to the younger, but he obviously failed.

"I wanted to impress you.. I love impressing people." Taehyung pouted. Jeongguk couldn't believe it. Kim Taehyung was something incredible. He couldn't believe that it was the same man who made him squirm just by talking to him.

"Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure you have your own talents. If you don't know them yet, maybe they're hidden."

"See?? You are even good at comforting people. I wish I could. I always try, but seems like no one appreciates my efforts." He threw himself on the bed and stretched out his hands and legs.

"Wanna watch anime?" Taehyung's eyes lit up.
"Which one??" Taehyung asked as got himself comfortable on Jeongguk's bed.

"You choose. Just no boku no pico, please." He joked and left to the kitchen. But in a few minutes, his head popped up.
"Do you want sweet popcorn or butter popcorns?"

"Duh, butter popcorn. Sweet popcorn is ew." Jeongguk dramatically gasped.
"I agree. Could we perhaps be sharing the same thoughts??"

"Maybe. I will try to read what you are thinking about." He tapped on a spot beside him for Jeongguk to sit.

"Okay, hyung. Try to guess."
Taehyung cracked his fingers and sat directly in front of Jeongguk.

He lifted Jeongguk's chin up to look into his eyes, who was looking down in embarrassment the whole time.
When their eyes met, Taehyung felt some tingly feeling in his chest. When he saw the younger's doe eyes, he couldn't help but think of how beautiful they are.

"You have stars in your eyes.."