Chapter 79

Jimin aggressively kept pushing his finger against the doorbell ring.

"Open up, or I'm breaking in! I know you're home!" Jimin shouted loud enough for Taehyung to hear.

With a satisfied look on his face, he watched as the door opened, a worn out Taehyung giving him a glare.

"The fuck you want?" Jimin scrunched up his nose and put a hand over his nose.
"You reek of alcohol." Jimin commented.
"I know. What's your point?"

"My point is that you look awful." Taehyung sighed and opened the door for Jimin to come in.

"Jeongguk has probably already told you what happened. I don't think there is a need for me to repeat it?" The shorter male agreed.

"I'm actually here to tell you something about Jeongguk." Taehyung's ears perked up at that.
"Jeongguk? How is he? Is he okay after my little outburst?"
"LITTLE outburst?? You literally told the boy all that things, without even knowing anything about his past!" Jimin's voice shut him up.

"What do you mean?"
Jimin rubbed his temples.
"Our Kookie didn't exactly have the most supporting parents." Taehyung saw where this was going.
"Oh no, no. So I told him all that stuff and he actually went through shit??" Taehyung started blabbering what even he didn't know was, panicking.

"That's why you should shut your trap without knowing the story instead of assuming things. Taehyung, I love you, but I am really disappointed." The boy looked down in guilt.
"But he seemed fine. All sunshine and rainbows, you know?"

"Just because he smiles doesn't mean that he didn't deal with problems in the past." Taehyung nodded and waited for him to continue.
"After he told his parents that he is gay, they changed. They called him names, abused him, treated him like trash.." A shudder went down his spine.

"I won't tell you more. He will tell you the details."
Taehyung bit his lip.
"I'm sorry.." he said, guilt washing over him.
"Don't apologize to me when a wholeass Jeongguk is waiting for you at the hospital."

Jimin gave Taehyung the address and got a smile in return.
"Thanks, Jimin."
He grinned and kissed his forehead.

"Whatever, just don't fuck up this time, or I'm disowning you." Taehyung giggled and left.

Jeongguk gave him a chance to talk to him, and that's more than plenty. It meant that he didn't completely hate him, right?
Taehyung wasn't going to fuck up like last time.

He wanted to listen to the younger without sending any harsh words towards him.
Not like last time.

-

Jeongguk was still where he was. On the hospital bed, waiting for Jimin to call him and tell him how it went with Taehyung.

The room was quiet and the boy didn't know what to do, so he wasted his time by staring at the ceiling.
He sighed and started drawing invisible shapes in the air with his index finger, trying hard not to fall asleep.

The bed was uncomfortable and he wanted to wait until he was home to sleep in a comfortable bed, in nice, warm and clean clothes. He couldn't help but feel dirty everywhere except at home.

Just as he was about to set a challenge for himself and hold his breath for a certain period of time, someone knocked on the door.
He mumbled a quiet "come in" and closed his eyes, rubbing his temples in order to relieve the tense headache.

The door opened and the person came in, but Jeongguk didn't look up, nor did either of them say anything.
When he felt weight on the bed, he finally looked up.

He let out a noise of surprise when he saw Taehyung instead of Jimin.
Jeongguk wanted to say something, but nothing came out.
He just stared at Taehyung, the other boy doing the same.

"So.." Taehyung cleared his throat. "Can you tell me more about what happened to you?"
Jeongguk sighed and played with his fingers.

"When I was a little boy, my life was pretty much normal. I had lots of friends and loving parents.." Taehyung got closer and squeezed his hand to calm him down.
"But when I was thirteen years old, I noticed that I don't feel attracted to girls." He sniffed.

"All the boys were growing up and talking about girls from class, about how they had crushes on them. But I've always only laughed and didn't say anything.." Taehyung squeezed his hand again, since the boy's eyes were watery.

"When I was almost fourteen, I've had my first kiss and it was with a boy. T-Turns out that my friends had seen it.." He stuttered, feeling his breathing getting faster with every sentence.

"Pictures of me kissing had been all over school. After that day, everyone had called me names a-and bullied me." He pulled out a big picture and showed it to Taehyung.

"You've kept this picture for that long?? Why??" Taehyung furrowed his brows as he scanned the photo.
"I guess I've always wanted to share this story with special people. This picture belongs to the story too, so I guess I couldn't help it. He giggled.
Giggled, at a time like this. It made Taehyung smile.

After the giggling had died down, Jeongguk continued.
"I was afraid that they'd tell me parents that I like boys, so I wanted to tell them before that could happen."

Now it was Jeongguk who squeezed Taehyung's hand, his body shaking a little.

"A-After I had told them, they changed and my father.." Taehyung's blood started boiling, feeling ready to beat everyone up who dared to make Jeongguk cry, including himself.

"They both started drinking a lot. S-Saying how they did nothing wrong and wondered why God gave them a gay son.." Jeongguk couldn't hold the tears in anymore.

"Mom didn't care about me anymore, but that wasn't even the problem." He laughed.
"My father started beating my up and touching me. T-That kept happening for two years. When I was sixteen, he came home drunk as fuck and he beat me up." He looked like he was about to faint.

"I-I wasn't upset with that. It was normal for him to beat me up, but that day, he went too far." Taehyung kissed his forehead and waited for him to calm down.
"H-He took off all my clothes and- he tried to put it in, but m-my mom came in and pushed him off before he could. I ran to the bathroom and called the police."
Jeongguk started full on crying, breaking down in front of Taehyung.

The other boy felt tears in his own eyes as well, feeling even worse and regretting his words even more.
"Baby.." he whispered and pulled Jeongguk onto his lap, letting him cry his soul out.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I was being stupid. My whole family hates gays and I just got upset and didn't think. Jeongguk, I love you so much. I don't know how to make it up. I acted like your schoolmates. I hurt you without knowing your story and I regret it so damn much. I was- I was being a coward. You are so brave, baby. For making it to where you are. I'm proud of you."
Jeongguk raised his head up and connected their lips.
Oh how he had missed the feeling of Taehyung's lips on his own.
In that moment, Jeongguk felt more vulnerable than ever.

On Taehyung's lap, crying and kissing him.
He thought of nothing else but Taehyung and how soft his lips were
He internally laughed at his thoughts.
How he could stop crying by kissing Taehyung. How every bad thought flew out the window once Taehyung kissed back.

Never had he thought that everything would work out.
"Tae.."
"Yeah?"
Jeongguk smiled.
"Nevermind, I'll tell you when I'm out of this smelly hospital."
Taehyung chuckled and agreed, feeling more happy than ever.

-

Pls, I wanna cry and the story isn't even done yet, welp.
And thanks for 91k