f o u r t y s e v e n

hi so we're gonna time jump nine months cause i want the baby :)

•••

octavia was relaxing on the couch, tv remote in hand as she mindlessly flipped through the channels. she heard the front door unlock, tom walking in. he shut the door, locking it again.

"you've really been craving those chocolate milkshakes from wendy's babe, that's my third run this week." he said with a smile on his face as he slipped his shoes off. octavia turned back to look at him, tom joining her on the couch. he gave her the milkshake, a grateful smile on her face.

"alright, try being nine months pregnant. at least it's something normal, not that weird cheeze-it and whipped cream phase i had two months ago." tom nodded, agreeing with her. she chuckled, him leaving a loving kiss on her temple.

"has she kicked?" tom asked, placing his hand on her stomach. octavia shook her head no, tom frowning. hid hand rubbed her stomach, him bending down to place a soft kiss over her clothed belly.

"the pressure on my pelvis has gotten worse, maybe she's flipping to get ready." tom's eyes widened, octavia laughing at his reaction. she placed her hand on his bicep, a soft smile on her face.

"t, you're ready for this. to be a dad. you're gonna be amazing." tom let his lips curve up, octavia leaving a loving kiss on his lips. tom tased the chocolate on her lips, him smile to himself.

"i love you avi." octavia smiled, her kissing him again.

"i love you too tom."

•••

octavia couldn't sleep. it was around one fifty in the morning, and tom was sleeping like a baby. octavia shifted in bed, unable to get comfortable. she put her hands on her stomach, letting out a exhale.

"you better come soon so i can sleep comfortably on my side again kid." she whispered quietly to her bump, hoping somehow her baby would hear her. octavia looked at tom, his hair disheveled and the slight snoring escaping his lips. she smiled softly at him, her head turning back up to look at the ceiling.

fifteen minutes later, she felt her shorts and underwear get wet. she sat up, mumbling a 'what the' as she looked at the bed sheets. she quickly walked to the bathroom, seeing that it wasn't pee. her eyes widened, but then she smiled to herself. she walked back out of the bathroom and to toms side of the bed.

"tom. babe, wake up please." she said, shaking him softly. he rolled over and opened his eyes, confused on why she was awake. his hands instinctively went to her bump, cradling it softly.

"my water broke." she whispered breathlessly. tom's eyes widened, sitting up. octavia moved back as he got out of the bed. tom grabbed the hospital bag from the closet, slinging it over his shoulder. his hand rested on her lower back as he guided her down the stairs.

"call my parents, then seba- oh my god." she got out her hand going to her stomach. she almost fell down the stairs, tom catching her.

"oh god avi, are you having contractions?" he asked, continuing to lead her down the stairs. they reached the bottom, her slipping the first pair of shoes on, her slippers.

"no tom i just decided to be dramatic to scare you. yes i'm having contractions!" she snapped at him, making tom's eyes widen.

"this is what robert meant when pregnant woman get snappy." he mumbled to himself, the two slipping their coats on. he grabbed the keys and phone as he and octavia left for the hospital. tom helped her into the passenger seat, him jogging to the other side of the car.