Chapter 4

"You're back already.Oh,Germany,do you forgot your umbrella?The weather is really awful today."France worked in the kitchen at a huge dinner and paid no further attention to her husband. "Nein...",Germany answerd with no emotion in his voice."Mon Dieu!Anyways...the guests are here soon.Are you gonna eat with us?"The last thing was not really a question."Entschuldigung... I feel tired...",he mumbeled,in hope France would leave it by that.He was not in the mood for any of it.Not in the mood for talking.Not in the mood to fake-smile like everytime and pretending it is ok.Dark memories are flying up his mind like waves on a cliff."Just that you can go work yourself to death again?No,you have to go talk to some people...." Germany was sadly used to it to be called "Nazi". This still happend very often and everytime he felt more horrible then usual.It followed him anywhere.It eats on his soul and left him as a emty shell of sadness and guilt.His throat clences up."...but hurry!And no excuses.",said France as she chopped up some carrots.Jes,he would.Alone as always."And don't forget to take my dress out of the washing machine!"

Germany rushed up the stairs into the bedroom.He opend the wardrobe,pulled out a giant backpack and started to stuff some random clothes in it.Without order.Without discpline.Hastily, he ran back to his office and grabbed his passport,his travel laptop,a few folders and a envelope with mony and stuffs the items into a briefcase.How lucky that he kept everything organized.Germany checks everthing the last time if he forgot something and gives himself the permission to start.Back in the bedroom,Germany opend the window and looked on the watch on his wrist.5 minutes.Could have been faster.He climbed through the window frame,dragging his bags behind him on the garage roof.A small memory pops up in his head of himself trying to escape the claws of the Soviet Union at the wall he build to keep him locked up.But not today.Germany ran over the flat roof to the edge and threw his bags down,before following them himself.A little sting ran through his ankle joints as he landed,but he didn't care.Stooped down,he collected his things ans sneak up to his car.Germany opend the door,climbed inside and threw his bags on the seat beside him.Escape succeeded.He started the car and congratulated himself for his preference for quiet engines.Inconspicuous, he backed out of the driveway and before you can say "Donaudampfschiffahtskapitänsmütze",Germany was on the way to the next freeway.

Germany closed his laptop and checked his phone one last time.The Last-Minute-Ticket was booked,the baggage complete and the parking spot paid.So,what's the matter with him?Still feeling a little bit guilty for...for what?He took a deep breath and got out of the car.It's ok.You are doing nothing wrong.It was still raining.Germany opend his umbrella(who he has with him at all time),took his luggage and walked up to the airpot infront of him.He loved to travel,he always did and the excitement in his gut cleared the dark mood of his a little bit.Inside the airpot was it busy as always.People from everywhere over the world meet up at this place.Everyone with his own storys,traditions and goals in life.It was this special thing Germany could not name that make it so interesting.He makes his way to the terminal.After the bag search,he sat down at the waiting area.A short check on the boad with the times makes him sigh with relief.Two hours to early.Wunderbar.