Chapter 13

Flashing colourful lights as far as you can look.Something blinking on every corner.The rattleling of countless coins.Playful and loud music resounded to the massive building.Calling and laughing everywhere.Germany had to stop a second to even process the full amount of overstimulation that hits him.Japan giggeled at his open mouth and suprised expression."Have I promised too much,Doitsu-Sempai?"Germany struggeled to find his voice."Heilige Scheiße!",he called out."That's quite a...eyefull." "Jes.Really kawaii,right?" Japan smiles proudly."What are we going to do first?" "Hold on a second.Can I first have a look around?" Germany looked around and blinks into the intrusive lights,trying to get ahold of the many things happening around him.Is this was my brother Netherlands sees when he is high? If it's true,I'm happy I don't have to see this every day of my...

"I can show you some good ones if you want..." Japan seems to grew quite impatient to Germany's little culture shock.She takes his hand again and led him further into the hall.Of corse it was completly different to the arcades back home.Instead of small spinning screens,the arcades was massive filled to the brim with spinning parts,plastic balls who can be caught,exaggerated mecanisms and way to many lights.But of corse there where some traditional arcades like claw machines,coin pushers and other stuff.Just taking it to a whole another level."Let's get some tokens first!", Japan says and her cat ears twitched out of excitment.Germany had nothing to say to that.

A short time later both of them are putting bank notes into the token machiene.Japan talked in one piece about how many good games there where and what things there are to win.Germany's thrifty heart bleeds as the mony dissapeared into the machiene.He was never been a fan of gambling.For him it was just a giant waste of hard earned mony,(He could even feel the dissapointed headshake from his father Prussia somewhere behind his back)but this was something you would not see everyday."Na gut.I hope it's worth it.",Germany mumbled as they carried their cups with the silver tokens to the first arcade."It is!Watashi promise."

The first thing what Japan chooses was a few arcades with food in it.She had nothing eaten the day and Germany was hungry as well so he did not complain.After a few tries they got a decent amount of chips,sweets,toxic-looking blue and pink soda and even ice cream to survive a few hours of gaming."So,have you found something you want to try out?".Japan asked with a mouthfull of chips and squeaking colerful bonbons.Germany quickly looked around and chooses a wall full with claw machienes."Maybe this ones?To warm up a bit?"He rememberd playing them back home at his Oktoberfest when he was not really sober anymore.Sometimes he even won and the prize would go normally to France.The last time she was so happy as he gave her a plush bear with a heart in his paws that she even...No!Stop thinking about home.Determined, Germany walks ower to one with plushies in it."Watch me!",he said calmly and Japan giggled at his exaggerated serious expression.It was actually pretty easy,right?Just get the claw in position,choose a target who was out und defenseless out in the open and grab it like a eagle his pray."Ach,scheiße!",Germany cursed as the claw missed."I almost got this little shitty thing!" He was really impatient with things who wouldn't work the first time. "Better luck next time.", Japan said consoling."Just try again." Germany threw the next coin in the slot.The claw grabbed the target(a plush lucky cat)by the leg,lifts it up a bit but the grip wasen't strong enough."Verdammt!I almost got that!" "No luck with getting that what you wanted?"Japan stood at another claw machine and tried her luck with a bunch of revealing anime figures."It was there!Right at my fingertips.Just a little bit,a TINY bit more and I got that dammed thing!",Germany rambled in frustration."You said the same thing many years back too...Before the bombs fell...",Japan said quietly but Germany was way too angry to listen.