Chapter 16

Germany yawned and looked at the map in his hand.His tiredness makes it hard to focus.Hopefully he did not get lost jet.He should meet Japan back at the arcade because she wanted something particular he couldn't remember.Now he was runnning the streets up and down,slowly panicing,afraid for showing up too late.He left the hotel a little bit later then expected(Germany gave himself a mental punishment for unreliabillity)because of his little hangover.The beer here was not that what he was used to.Wait!Did he just missed a street?"Verdammt...",he mumbled under his breath.Tokio was a very big city with more confusing lights and turns as back home in Berlin.And the shops are way smaller and inconspicuous and very easy to miss.Germany looked nervously around.He can't show up to late.That would be unforgivable.And unproffesional.And not acceptable.And...Ok!He needed to calm down.

His worries were unfounded as he finally found the known building after ten minutes of panicked search.And luckily Japan was not out jet.Relived, Germany sat down on a bench.He texted Japan a quick SMS that he was there on time(and ignored the other countless messages)and informed her that she doesn't need to hurry.He wasn't interested of seeing the mony-hungry arcades in there again.Germany yawned again.The three days without sleep was starting to show.And the coffee was not that strong as he wished.Maybe he could make it one more day...He still had to write the speech for the EU-meeting and checking a few other things.He could not afford to sleep now.Oh,without the cursed nightmares it would be so much easier...Germany could feel the symptoms of sleep starvation slowly taking over his body.It was almoust scary how he knew them so well.It was like his body and his mind were two seperate things.One wants to desperatly fall asleep,the other wants to stay awake under all cost.Almost like a forever arguirng couple.Fighting over health and fear.Logic and instinkt...Germany jerks up. "Yoi tsuitachi,Doitsu-sempai!",said someone.It was Japan,smiling with two collectables in her hands."Oh...uhm...Guten Tag,Japan"

"What would you like to do today?",Japan asked while holding his arm tightly."Uhm..maybe get a coffee first?" Easier said then done.Germany would need more then one lame cup of coffee.More like a container full of it."Ok!" Japan pulled him down the street to the next standing cafe and ordered two large cups to go while Germany tries his best to not yawn all over the place. "You did not have a good night,right?", Japan asked shyly."Thas would be good.I didn't sleept at all.",Germany mumbled."You are still doing that?It's not healthy." "Mhm...I know...France says that all the time too..." Japan's ears folds a little backwards as she heard "France" but she keeps on smiling."Nobody seems to like it...But it's necessary for my work."Germany took a hasty sip of his coffee and immidiatly burnd his tounge."They...They are all just afaid that I overtake them at some time.",he tried to joke but it sounded lame,even to him.Japan laughed anyways.

Then she started to talk over her new merch and Germany tried his best to listen.His eyes were burning from the pressure of wanting to close.The coffee was no use anymore.Also he was starting to get colder and colder,an another symptom of getting no sleep.His attention faded away and Japan's voice blended with the noises of the city until he couldn't understand her anymore.His steps became more and more uncertain and it feels as he was packed in cotton.His body started to shut down.Not long and..."Doitsu-sempai!Is everything ok?" Germany looked up and found himself almost on the floor.Japan tried her best to keep him standing and panic lays in her eyes.He had fallen assleep while walking."That never happend before...",he thought to himself in a sarcastic tone."Please answer!Do you need a doctor?Or water?",Japan called out in panic."Nein...just tired...Sorry for...falling.",Germany studders while he pulled himself up.This dammed sleepy body..."Come on!My house is not that far away.You have to lay down."

It was a pure miracle that Germany was able to walk up this many stairs without tripping or falling asleep again.Japan had talked the whole way up(You can do it...It's almost done...Just a little bit further...)and this helped him,just like his strict stubbonness.Finally there where standing in Japan's apartment and she helped Germany to slip out his jacket and shoes.Japan almoust carried the taller nation in the small living room and puts him on the couch."We have made it.",she smiles with a worried face."You really need some sleep." Germany shook his head.No!If he does that,the nightmares will come.He started to shake out of fear and couldness.Japan pulls a blanket over him."Why not?You worrying me!" She looked desperate.Germany felt guilty again.He was bothering his friend with his problemes again and makes him ever worried.Thats not what friends should do."Is something wrong?Can watashi do something?Is really everything ok?"Japan's voice gets more high pitched up with every sentence.It looks like she was almost about to cry."He could not stand it when she cried because of him.Ich...I don't want to h-have nightmares again...",Germany studders.There!He said it.One of the things he planned not to say.Great...He made Japan cry over a unimportant thing what was his own problemes.Germany felt more guilty then before."Oh Doitsu..." Japan seems to calm down a little. "Nightmares happen..." "Nein..." The speaking made Germany just more tired and he fought to keep his eyes open.Afraid of the things he would see if they close..."You don't understand...I have them...everytime..." Tears starts to work their way up.Japan sat down besides him and lays his head in her lap.Germany sobbed at the things he would see.What was it this time?Burning citys...the destruction he brought to so many countrys...gunshots...the screaming of dying people...talking behind his back...his many crimes...the guilt...pain...suffering...his predecessor...failure...the death of his father...Alone the thoughs makes him shake in fear."I...I don't w-want to see what...",Germany started to cry.He was so scared..."Everything is ok..." He could her Japans voice as a faint whisper as he started to loose the fight to the cruel sleepiness.She stroked calmingly his head. "You are not alone..."Then his eyes finally closed and Germany slipped into the awaiting darkness.