Chapter 19

Germany didn't know why he even was here.Yesterday he was still with Japan in her apartment trying to hold his emotions together after his little breakdown.She desperatly tried to lift his mood with some anime but it didn't work.No matter how exciting or funny the story was,he coudn't see the benifit or the appeal of Japan's favorite shows as she did.Overpoverd Casanova-Guys and hysterical screaming big breasted girls was not really interesting in his eyes.After the guy tripped for the tenth time over nothing and fell "accidentally"on the girl,Germany was about to scream in anger.His nerves were stretched to the limit.Japan had heard his grinding teeth and came up with an idea to calm his strained mind.

And now it was the next day and the two nations are standing on the next train station waiting for the said train.Germany was not in the mood for traveling around.Or even leave the house for that matter.Since the dream he just wanted to hide from the world and mostly from himself.He was deeply ashamed of himself.From what he did in the past and that he cried infront of someone (it was his closest friend but that makes no difference to him).Germany was not really sure if his face was red of emberassment ore pale like a corpse.He didn't really want to know.He was standing there,mentally exhausted and tired of feeling the sadness,like a askew scarecrow.Japan was right beside him,holding on to his arm in her typical favorite outfit.This was the only comfort he felt.At least he was not completly alone.Germany looked up to the indicator panels then to his watch.The train was too late?This was very unusual for the japanese train system.(Ironically this reminded him painfully of home).An announcement was made and Japan sighed quietly."What was this about?",Germany asked.Japan looked around and lowered her voice."Seppuku.",she said quietly.A cold shiver runned down Germany's spine.Now he felt bad for asking.Some more to feel guilty about.As far as he knows,seppuku was a traditional suicide in japanese culture.Back in the day the japanese Empire was really rapturos about this as far Germany could remember.He had not cared about that at the time.The time as he...Before he could think any further,the train arrived.As it rolled in,he felt that Japan holds on tighter to his coat like he would run away.

The two sat side by side in silence.Japan's ears hung lower then usual and Germany had the urge to say something but didn't know what."I'm sorry about that...I didn't know." "It's ok.This often happens."She sounded not very sad.Just accepting.Germany looked down in shame.Not really a good start in the day."Uhhm...Where are we even going?",he carefully changed the subject.Japan's mood changed immidatly. "Naaaa!Don't ruin the suprise.It is going to be fun.You will be so caught away by the sight that you will feel better." It was painfully obvious that she tied to hide her true opinion but he would leave it by that.Germany gave her a weak smile.He was not sure if some random loccation would help his problemes(maybe magic?).But with Japan and all of the crazy stuff she was into...you never now.Japan laid her head on his shoulder and her hand grabbed his own.Germany was a little bit suprised but it felt comforting.Comfort was probably the thing both of them needed the most. He looked out of the window and watched the nature flying by.

Within one and a half hour they arrived in Kyoto.The former main city was known for his many shrines,temples and palaces.Despite his many visits,Germany had never been to Kyoto and was happy that Japan had brought him here.The weather was cloudy but not bad.Japan got immidiatly a big smile on her face."So many memories!",she called out,a little bit uncommon for her shy personality but it was ok for Germany.He hoped that the trip would let him forget the cursed nightmares from the past days.Nein!Do not think about it!He had botherd himself and Japan enough with his useless chimeras.He was here to have fun and meet a old friend.But Germany had to confess to himself that this intent was more and more difficult to keep.He would still rather sat on a couch in a lonely apartment and stare on the wall all day then...There he was.Breaking his own rules again.He was really not doing well.He will be having fun and it will be fine.(Germany gave himself a mental punishment for the broken promise)Germany shook his head to order his thoughs and hurried up to follow Japan into the old city.