Chapter 15

The humming of the car engine calmed Germany a little bit.Cars were always calming.An organized mechanism which he knows by heart with a clear goal.He could think for weeks about how the dozens little parts work together and how to encrease their efficency plus the many forms of the bodywork.It was one of his biggest passions.Even now he tried to think about cars to distract himself from crying.Pistons pumping up and down.Oil who keeps everything slick.The complicated gear.Convulsive, Germany thougt of everything car-related to keep himself from sobbing.There was no reason to cry over spilled milk.

Japan led him to an another resteraunt he was never been before."This has more western food.I thougt maybe you miss your home and this would help?" Germany just nodded.He was not really homesick but doesn't want to bother Japan with special wishes.To drag him around was probably annoying enough.They got seated and Germany looked awkwardly to the side.An uncomfortable silence arose.Luckily the waitress came over and Germany was happy to order a long needed beer.Japan looked at him expectantly."Is everything ok?",she asked carefully.Germany just nodds, like everytime this question comes up.This lie was probably really obvious, he thougt to himself.It was a little bit scary to him how easy he can lie to his best friend.He was ashamed of himself. "You look quite red in the face.I hope that you not end up getting sick.I mean...so pale like in this week is really..." Japan's ears folded to the side and increased her worried expression."It's ok,really!Just having a difficult time at..."Germany got disruptet by the waitress who brought the beer and sake.He was somewhat glad for it.With a fast reading of the menu Germany took a steak and Japan orders a sushi plate.He was suprisingly glad for-"So you just wanted to escape everyday life." Japan didn't want to change the subject so easily."Uhm...kinda...And to see you again of corse." That was at least the half of the truth. Japan blushes."Kansha.I hope that you are happy so far." "Of corse!It is pleasant to talk with someone who I don't see everyday." "Watashi can't image to stuck with a bunch of people on a continent." She giggels."I mean,if you dispute with someone it can get reeeally awkward if you live right next to him,right?" Germany smirks. "You just nailed the entire history of europe,meine liebe." This made Japan laugh until her head turns bright red. Her cheerfulness makes Germany felt a little bit better.The food came and luckily the agonizing topic finally dropped.Germany tried to relax and focussed on the funny office storys and the amazing steak.

Japan hugged Germany a last time before he totterd to his hotel.He had drunk a lot of beer before she pulled him out of the restaraunt.At least he looked a bit happier then before.Back at the arcade he looked like his life was sucked out of him.A deep sadness and even...Fright?Shock?Pain?Guilt?Japan couldn't point a finger on it.But one thing was clear.Something was wrong.Germany was hiding something,what made her sad.She would never say it to his face but it hurts her when he lied.They where friends after all.They survived a war together.Japan just wanted to know what was going on.But she had to be careful or Germany would close up even more.Japan sighed and started the car to drive home.