Chapter 10

10 Minutes later both are standing infront of a tiny pub covered in red paper lanterns."Come on."Japan grabbed his hand and dragged Germany inside.The pub was not bigger as a living room but it looked very cozy.Japan talked to the lady behind the counter(it seems that she was there very often) and after they removed their shoes,Germany und Japan sat down on the pillows on the floor."You will like it.Trust me.",Japan smiled as she sees Germany's nervous face.But the food was one of his lesser worries right now.He was more botherd about keeping calm.Japan started talking again about ererything what came to her mind and Germany just sat there in silence and listend.Still dosen't know how or what to say anything.To put the things from the last days into words.

A waiter came and brought glasses and two bottles of something.Japan called it Sake,a product of femented rice and water.Germany rememberd drinking it before sometimes and not very liking it,but he would not complain.Japan filled both her cups and put on a serious face."So,what is it about?",she asked.Germany jumped up a little out of suprise."W-Was?" "Don't be such a baka.I know that you would never come so apruptly,without a two months notice before.Did something happend?"Germany paniced for a second."No...Nothing wrong...",he hastily explained.Japan laid her cat ears back and gave him a leery look."Watashi knows that you are lying.",she said quietly."Nein...Really.I just wanted to visit you."Germany bit his tongue out of guilt.He did not want to lie to his friend like that.But he just felt not ready to talk.The best thing would be not to talk at all about it.Just a little visit,walking through the city,do a little bit of shopping...Cautious he took a sip of his sake.Japan puts her happy face back on as the food came.

"What is that?"Germany pointed at a small bowl full of little cooked fishes."Shishamo" "And that?"Pickeld ginger" "Aha.."He looked slightly disgusted at the pinkish stuff on the plate.But do you know that?",Japan said with a evil smile and points at a bowl with poisonous looking green mush."Wasabi! I will never forget that experience."Germany shudders at the painful memory.Japan giggeld."I thougt you would spit fire at any moment back then.And Italy's face was just priceless..." "You will let me never forget that,right?",Germany mumbeled in defeat."No,never."She grabbed one of the fish with her chopstiks and ate it whole."Really fresh.",she confirmed but Germany stayed on the safe side with sushi and soup.The rest of the meal he almost forgot his sadness and anger from the last days.It was just like recalling the old friendship days he loved so much.

Germany stretched his arms as they both stepped out into the warm night."Thanks for the meal.",he said."Oh,it was nothing..."Japan hold tightly to his arm as they walked down the road."It looks like you really needed something like this.",she said quietly."Huh?" "I known you for centuries.So I can tell that something is wrong.And the whole time you looked so sad.Doitsu-sempai..."Germany's muscels tightend."Is that not my normal look?" "Hai,but more sad then usual."Japan's voice was not accusing,just caring.Germany felt suddenly tears rising but managed to hold them back.The alcohol...he thought.But he knows that Japan had hit a sensitive spot.They finally reached the car.On the ride home,nobody spoke.Both knew but nobody wanted it to take it to far."There is my spot...",Germany said with a broken voice,still upset and started to get out of the car. "Tomorrow I still have to work but after then I will be there for you.We can go into a arcade,if you want...And we can...talk."Germany just gave a thankful nod.He watches the car dissapear around the corner and went back inside the hotel.Back in his capsule he felt more lonely then before.