Chapter 24

"I am not sure how to do this...",he started."I mean...I am worried." "About what?",Japan asks.Can you even call that worried?Or just fed up with everything? Maybe both.Yes,he had enough.Enough from feeling that way. He just wanted a normal life filled with work and a loving wife on his side,working things out with his son and the world and enjoying the little things.But that would be to beautiful to be real,right? There is so much to do...Suddenly he started to miss France so terribly that his hands turned into fists.When he was in a dark mood and starts about rambeling about the problemes in life,she would shook her head,gave a little smile and told him he was way to serious (or she said always your deutsche Ernsthaftigkeit with her strong sweet french accent)before she told him the little nice things he had apparently forgotten. Sometimes he felt better,sometimes not but he always appreciated it. Germany missed this comfort right now."Doitsu-Sempai?Are you ok?",Japan asked. He flinched."J-Jes,I just...zoned out."Instinctively he snuggeld closer as a sudden wave of loneliness hits him."It's ok..."

Germany looked up to the stars.He wanted to talk his mind out so desperatly but something he could not name still holds him back. Why was this so difficult? Was it the giant mess that he felt inside? He didn't even know how to start anymore.That doesen't matter,just change the subject... "That thing with my neighbours...I told you that already,right?"  "Hai,you did."  "It...just won't let me go...I am always unsure..." Germany knew that he was beating around the bush and was now trying to talk his way out of it. Why was he so foolish to bring it up in the first place? He wanted to slap himself for starting that thing up. But he knew he was to tired to do it. "That feeling of guilt...just won't let me go. Even if they act like it is no big deal anymore.Or they at least act like that.I don't know for sure of corse...But ther is always a sour taste when I concentrate on it..." Germany's voice had gotten raspy and monotone over the last heavy confessions(?). Again he asked himself how some other nations like Italy or Spain can deal with blasting their feelings so easily everywhere. For him this was like tearing down a wall with just bare fists.But that was just an another thing they others told him over centuries.Too closed up.To cold. Stuff like that. Nothing new on that front. Japan looked down on the ground and her ears started to twitch nerwously. Germany knew this gesture.She wanted to say something but won't tell it loud.This was one huge difference beween the two nations.Japan always tried to avoid conflicts at all time, while Germany was not afraid to tell bluntly and directly his mind,even if his opinion upset someone.(Or made someone cry.This happend more often as he could count.)Many would call him cold-hearted but this never bothered him much.Germany looked back to Japan and sighed. "You have to say something but won't do it,right?",he said.If the mood was not so serious Germany would have smiled on Japan's flusterd face as she flinched."M-Me?...No,I am j-just..." "I know you want to.Don't be afraid,you can tell me." Luckily this was enough convincing to get Japan to talk. "D-don't take that...t-to close to your heart...but uhm...are you not a little...uhm...A-Are you not a little...over...overthinking?"

She looked down as if she was ashamed.Germany tilted his head." I m-mean...uh...I received a lot of messages f-from the others over the days a-and they sounded very desperate to me...And worried...And paniced..." "Well,a country in the middle of Europe left suddenly,leaving no trace.Of corse they are panicing.", Germany answered. "I mean...Through me are running many trafficing routs and mony sources.Not to mention my son...They are scared about their mony.",he thought out loud.Japan sighed."Jes,its problably about mony a-and stuff but this is never mentioned in the messages."Her voice sounded suddenly a little more confident."It's all about where you are and what the thing is what upset you to solve the problem.Porando-kun seems to be in a little troble...And France ..."As Japan said France she immidietly hugged him closer as she would try to protect him from someone.Germany hung his head.This sounded simmilar to the messages he read earlier that day.If Japan was right...Then maybe they where not lying to get him out of his hiding.He grunted out of frustration."I can't make my mind up.",Germany mumbled.His head was just empty from all the emotional stress of the last days."Do you think they actually..." Japan rubbed her eyes. "Problably jes...Just be a little bit less distrustful...Or something like that..." "If you say that..." Germany shrugged.Maybe he was really overthinking it.His bad mood in the last weeks was maybe clouding his judgement. "Maybe you right.",Germany said subdued. "It's just the stress of my work...It makes social life a bit difficult sometimes.Maybe it's my fault after all." Not again!Blaming himself again for random things. "Doitsu-Sempai?Don't say something like that." Japan looked at him with big eyes."There are other things to worry about.I-It makes me sad to see you like this.You are blaming yourself for so many things you did in the past so..."