Chapter 20

The sun peeked shyly behind the big clouds and shines a few beams of lights down on the old city as Germany looked around in amazement.The small traditional buildings fit perfectly with the green cherry trees(sadly no blooming flowers on it) and the clean pavement.It looked like it was took straight from a postcard and put in the real world.With the difference that it was like this for the past centuries.Japan looked amused to her stunned friend."How do you like it,Doitsu-sempai?" "It's really...idyllic...Very nice."Germany was never good with praising but Japan seems to understand what he was trying to say. "When I have enough of Tokio sometimes I always visit my former capital city.It's always a refreshment to be here.",she explained. "Nothing against Tokio tho...It's just coming back to your roots and old traditions in this turning world..."Germany nodds in agreement."I have the same feeling too sometimes.Berlin is my main capital but i'd rather visit a quiet old village somewhere in Bavaria or some other Bundesland.Uhm...nothing aginst Berlin tho...it's just a little noisy sometimes." Japan bursts out in laughter and Germany gave a tilted smile on his hopeless attemt of making a joke.It was just like the former concern and dejection never existed in Japan's mood.

"Do we really have to walk up here?",Germany grunted.Japan has led him around the city a bit and told him many storys from the time she lived here.Now she wanted to show him the Fushimi Inrai shrine,one of the oldest Shinto-shrines in Kyoto.But she "forgot" to tell him that said shine was set on top of "just a small hill".And he had no desire to do so.Especially with his cloudy mood. "Come on Doitsu-sempai!You don't have to clime the Fujijama,it's nothing much.",Japan smiled.Germany looked up the long curved way who was filled with tourists.He didn't want to force his way through to the crowd.A nice quiet place would be perfect right now... "Are you sure?" "Hai!The view is amazing.And I promise watashi will buy you a beer after that."Japan grinned as she saw Germany flinch."A beer?" "Yes.What else?" He shook his head.Japan did really know him too well."Or maybe you just being lazy?"Germany span apruptly around."What did you just say?",he called out with a jokingly tone. "Ehm..." Japan's ears dropped back. "No...?" Germany bit his lip out of emberassment.Did he sound to harsh?The force of habit again..."Nein,I am not lazy. Or am I?" His father would say this all the time.And he had still work at home...No!His thoughts are betraying him again."F-Fine!You got me with the beer...",he mumbled.Japan looked a little confused but acctepted gladly his desicon.

The two made their way uphill.Germany looked around and admired the beautiful nature all around him.The exotic slim trees was a huge difference to the big oaks at home.Even the grass looked greener but it could be just his imagination.He noticed that there where many little papers tied to the trees and bushes.Germany would have loved to ask Japan of the purpose of the papers but he did not dare to do that.The path was accompained with shining red painted wood gates who where so standing close together that it almost looked like a mystic passage.Japan told him they were called torii and symbolized the spiritual enterence to a temple.The reason why there was so many of them was that this particular shrine was home to the godess of rice and fortune.So everyone,even corporations,spends a little bit of mony for a good future."And nobody wants to mess with a godess who can control your mony. ",Japan giggeled."When I was joung there was just two of them and now they have more mony as there is space for toriis."

"Endlich!We made it." Germany stretched his arms."I thought we would never make it on the top."He felt tierd from the many other noisy tourists walking around him.Again the thought of a quiet place comes up again."It was not that bad...",Japan said sulky." "It took us two hours to get up here.So much to the "It's not that long"-Theme." "But we made it after all,right?" "Yeah...I guess." Germany looked to the ground.Japan just ment well and he was grumpy about it.No wonder UK called him rude."Do you want to the actual temple first or look at the view?",Japan asked and saved him from his own thoughts."The view please."They walked a few stairs up,past a bell tower and now there were standing on a wooden patio.Germany walked carefully over the old wood to the railing and hold his breath in amazement.The view was more then stunning.Kyoto was just under them and Germany could see the many traditional buildings and pagodas in ther full glory.The setting sun painted everything with a goldish shine what makes it even more glorious to look at."See?What did  I say?"Japan holds on to his arm again and smiled proudly for being the owner of such a wonder."It's beautiful...",breathed Germany.Instinctly he took out his phone for a picture.He turned it on,the first time for days.As he waited that the phone booted up,Japan was alreday snapping some pics."I will send them over to you.",she promised.Germany looked on the screen and the ring tone goes of immeidiatly in a rapid manner.Coutless messages showed up as soon the phone had internet.Germany looked in disbelief on the pile of SMS.France,UK,Austria,EU,Belgium,Poland...Even America and Russia had sended a few texts.He checked his missed calls and it was almost the same amount as the texts.The most came from France.Germany caught a wave of guilt.His wife had to be worried sick.And here he was:Having fun with a friend,while she sat at home,trying over and over again to reach him.Out of curiousity Germany read a few SMS.