As Time Goes On (Laughing Jack x Child!Shy!Reader)

(Y/n) played silently in the corner, unlike the rest of the children, who played loudly out in the open. She played happily with a soft teddy bear, alone. One of the kids pulled out his red bag from the cubbies,

"Guys! Look I brought a new friend!" He pulled a small metal box from his bag. It was black and white and looked to be extremely old. (Y/n) turned her attention to him, she usually didn't care about talking to others, but the box intrigued her. She set down the bear on the stool she was sitting on and walked over to the boy.

"Wow Conor, that's an old looking box, what's inside?" She asked kindly. She was always a polite child, always dressed in nice dresses and spoke properly. Conor looked at her and scrunched his nose.

"You can't see, you never play with anyone you weirdo" He stuck out his tongue and scattered back to his "friends". (Y/n) stared at the ground, slightly upset. But, she went back to her corner and continued to play with her lovely bear. A few moments later she heard screaming, her head snapped towards the others. A tall black and white clown was standing in the middle of all the kids.

He laughed manically. All the kids scattered, except Conor.

"What? It's just Laughing Jack" He giggled. The tall clown leaned down to the boy.

"I thought I said I was only your friend Conor" He smiled. Conor smiled.

"Well, now we have lots of friends Jack!" He hugged the clown. The clown frowned as Conor couldn't see, but immediately smiled once more when Conor could see his face again. The wheels in (Y/n)'s head turned. She looked away and hugged her bear.

"Don't get mad Mr. Jack, you should know Conor is a poor little air-head" She giggled at herself. The clown rose an eyebrow at her, while Conor yelled at her for being mean. The young girl snickered silently. "I was only joking Conor, you've always been better at spelling than I have" She hugged the bear closer to her chest.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, the silence was the only thing she heard. Wondering where the other kids' nosiness had gone, you peeked. Her (e/c) orbs widened. All the kids were now corpses on the floor, their crimson bodily fluid now stained the play mat. (Y/n) looked around, where was the teacher?! The clown appeared in front of her.

"Hi there~" He cooed as he ran his fingers over he jawline, leaving a line of blood behind. Tears fell from her eyes as she looked up at the clown. He smiled, his bloodied sharp teeth showed. "Now, what's your name?" He tilted his head innocently.

"(Y-(Y/n)" She stuttered. He looked all over the small child. Her light baby blue dress now stained by the ruby colored liquid that fell from him, her white stockings and shiny dress shoes were dripped on. Her (h/c) was up in a blue bow, and her mother had powered her face before she left for school this morning.

"Well (Y/n), I'm Laughing Jack~" The young girl just nodded.

"I-It's nice to meet you sir-" She squeaked. Jack gave her a questioning look before backing away.

"May I ask why you were away from the other children?"

(Y/n) stayed quiet for a bit before opening her mouth to answer. "I don't like them" She answered plainly.

"Explain?" Jack sat down.

"Well, they're all stupid and incompetent. Why, spend your time with people who are only going to stab you in the back later, and only forget about you in a few years" She explained. Jack was a bit taken back about the kindergartener's large vocabulary. But, he had to admit she was right.

"Hmm, I know someone with a teddy bear too" He changed the subject. (Y/n)'s eye's glimmered.

"Who?" She asked suddenly forgetting about the dead others just behind him. He smiled, he's got her.

"Her names Sally, I could introduce her to you, if you become my friend" (Y/n)'s smile faded and shook her head.

"I know how you treat your "friends", I'm sorry Jack." He growled. Finally, he stood up and threw another box at her. She looked at it puzzled.

"It's another one of my boxes, just twist the handle if you ever want to play." (Y/n) looked at the box, and then back at him.

"And you won't maul me like you did Conor?" Jack shook his head.

"You're not like them" And just like that, he disappeared. Years passed, and the two became closer and closer. He kept his promise to the small girl. He soon found himself adoring her. He loved everything about her, and things would be like that for eternity.

A/N: The Pic is my Lj cosplay ^^ What do you guys' think?