Chapter 2

I woke up from my sleep and look at the time. I overslept and Issei would be meeting with Yuma soon. I quickly jumped from bed and told Charlie that I would be leaving and wouldn't return until later. I return to my room and dress is my scarlet costume. I then jump from my window and swing towards Issei's house. I see him leaving his house and meet with Yuma, I followed close behind among the roof tops and alleyways. I follow them while they start their date. All seems normal, they visit various stores and they seemed to be actually enjoying themselves. Nothing seemed awkward between them. They ended their date hours later when they stopped to take a break by a fountain. No one was around them, except for me perched on a nearby rooftop.
"Tell me Issei, would you die for me?" Yuma asked Issei. I became immediately alert until I was struck through my side by a sizzling heat. I looked at my wound and groaned when the object was removed. I look behind me to see a male with black wings and a blood covered blade of light in his hand. Angered and filled with adrenaline I attack him, but to no avail as I was quickly defeated. My vision was going black as I see Issei Hyoudou stabbed through the gut as I struggle to hear the words exchanged between Issei and Yuma who had now spread her own set of black wings and together with her companion she flew off into the sky. I blacked out.

I awoke only moments later and saw Issei gone. My only conclusion was that he had died. Still aching from my wounds I struggle to get up and I swing home. To where upon entering my bedroom I quickly bandage my wound and take all the necessary precautions to ensure my wound would not become infected. I then put a shirt on remaining in my underwear and walk towards Charlie's room, still dizzy from the loss of blood and tired from the strain of moving. I knock on Charlie's door and walk in. I see him reading one of the books mom got him for his birthday a year ago.
"Hey dude, what do you want for dinner?" I needed to seem as normal as possible even though I was stabbed and my best friend died.
"Chicken!" He shouted cheerfully. I giggled and walked downstairs and prepared to make dinner. I got all of the ingredients out to make fried chicken with buttered noodles and green beans. It took me around an hour to make all of it.
"Hey Charlie! Food's ready!" I called to my little brother. I could hear him pound down the steps and saw him eye the food the whole way to the table.
"Hungry there bud?" I beckoned him. He nodded his head and I swear I could see drool come out of his mouth. I handed him his plate and he went crazy on the food. I smiled. The reason I do what I do with my powers to protect my brother. He's the motivation, because if I don't protect him who will? If I don't provide for him who will? These are the main questions I ask myself when I get bloody and bruised from my life as the Spider-Man. My thoughts were interrupted by my brother leaving and heading directly into his room. I frown and clean up the dishes and mess we both made. After I was finished walked upstairs and crawled into bed. I remembered how Issei died and I couldn't stop it, one of the few people I cared about, gone. I began weeping into my pillow as I thought about how I was the worst hero ever. What made me curious through all of that was how my senses didn't start freaking out. Another question was, what were those things that attacked Issei and I. I've never seen any monsters, just normal dudes in scary costumes. Those weren't costumes though, the wings were real. I  felt my eyes lids grow as heavy as lead as I slowly drift into sleep.

            Next 🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕 Day

       I woke up the next morning by the blinding light in my eyes that is sunlight. I sit up and lift my shirt revealing my bandages, the blood had soaked through.
         "Damn, now I gotta change the bandages." I spoke to myself. I got up and headed to my bathroom and grabbed the gauze bandages. I slowly remove the bandages and wince as the wound burned when it made contact with the air. I grabbed some hydrogen peroxide and applied it to the wound. I thought to myself as the concoction bubbles against my wound that I should be happy for my accelerated healing. If not for that I'd either have had to go to the hospital, or I would've died. It was the last day of the weekend and I decided to rest for the day. I was too pained and too weak to do any good. I wipe the cleaning chemical from my wound resulting in more pain and apply a new bandage.
             "Hey Y/N! Come here!" Charlie yelled interrupting me from my thoughts. I quickly finish my bandaging and head towards the source of the yelling.
            "Yea what's up Charlie?" I ask him.
            "There's someone at the door for you."
           "Who is it?"
           "Some man with a briefcase and suit." I looked towards the door and head over. I opened the door to see an older man in his fifties with a bald head and a clean face. It was Mr. Richards, my mother's friend and lawyer. What's he doing in Japan?
          "Mr. L/N, may I come in?" I nod my head and open the door further. He walks in and takes a seat on my couch. He was the first to speak.
          "Okay, I'm here on behalf of your mother's will and I need to apologize for not getting here sooner I was backed up with work and actually flying out here and getting everything situated. In her will your mother left all of her earnings to you, Y/N when you turn eighteen, if you are not yet eighteen, which you are not, the money will go towards paying for the bills of this house until you get the checks yourself." I was in disbelief, I had no idea mom set this all up, it made me teary eyed but I held back as he continued.
            "She also requested that neither her ex-husband or any of his friends or associates be notified of her passing. For little Charlie over there as well, she donated money towards your college fund kiddo, an amount she did not wasn't disclosed to either of you. She also left the property in your name Y/N. That's all there was to the will, there's nothing else she had written in her will and if there are no questions I will take my leave." He stared at us for a little before standing up and taking his leave through the door. In the instant the door shut I broke down crying and I fell to my knees. Charlie ran up to me and hugged my back.
          "What's wrong Y/N? Are you okay?" He was obviously worried but I couldn't stop.
          "Even in death, she watches over us, someone so caring and thoughtful should never be taken from this world." I spoke through all the snot and tears.