Chapter 13

I returned home with Charlie and the peerage of Rias, excluding Issei. Charlie was upstairs in his room doing whatever he wanted. I was in the kitchen with Rias and Akeno.
"I know the kind of power that comes with that stuff. It's dangerous. The strength it gives you is a curse disguised as a blessing." I explained to the two.
"I understand that Y/N. I just hope that Charlie can realize this as well. If he becomes out of control I don't want to think what might happen." Rias expressed her worry. I took a deep breath and expelled the air from me. Then Kiba came rushing towards us and looked at me with panic.
"Y/N you need to come take a look at this." I looked at Rias with slight confusion and worry and quickly followed Kiba to the living room where a news broadcast was on air.
"Everyone in the downtown area is asked to evacuate and seek shelter. Do not under any circumstance engage with this man dressed as a monster." The news lady repeated herself again as I saw a live footage of the green monster I had encountered before. I made a mad dash for my room and took my new suit out. I quickly slid it over my body when Charlie entered my room.
"Y/N, let me come and help. I wanna take this guy down too." He had his black suit over his body and I looked at it with disgust and hatred.
"No Charlie, you don't know how to work any of your powers yet, you will in all likeliness get hurt. I can't risk that."
"Y/N please just let m-."
"Charlie! Shut the hell up! I'm not letting you go." My anger took control as I slid my mask on and launched myself out of my window towards downtown. The closer I got the more fire I could see and more smoke I could smell. I noticed that people were running away from all the explosions going on. I launched myself towards the most recent explosion, hoping to find the assailant nearby. I landed on the ground and I was surrounded by smoke in all directions. I could sense the villain moving around the outside of the smoke, circling me. I sensed him approach me, I flipped backwards and webbed his back as he disappeared into the smoke. I pulled as hard as I could and before I could react, the bomb connected to the end of my Web blew up, sending me through the wall of a burning collapsing building. I got up and webbed myself back out into the street and was met with another bomb. I flew through the air and webbed a light pole to slow myself. Once again from the smoke, the Goblin flew his glider into my gut, forcing blood from my insides. I flew and then hit the road, skipping until I began to slide. I struggled to get up. My senses went off as I looked ahead and noticed the adversary land his glider and step off, before walking towards me.
            "Did you really think you'd be able to best me a second time? You are more foolish than I was lead to believe." He grabbed my throat and lifted me off the ground. He then grabbed one of his blades and brought it to my face. "I will enjoy every second cutting out your damn eyes." He spat with hatred in his voice. "Though, I will start with your abdomen, and work up, delaying the inevitable quite painfully." He began to laugh sinisterly to himself. I screamed as the blade cut into my stomach.

(???'s POV)
I flew through downtown Kuoh to find the villain causing the damage to the area. I noticed more explosions in the distance and boosted myself there with my energy. I noticed the green creep was cutting into the man known as Spider-Man in this area. I boosted and slammed into the assailant sending him flying. I lowered myself next to the injured hero and held his head.
"Oi, are you okay mate?" I asked him.
"I've been through worse." He replied. He then stood on his own and then pushed me out of the way of incoming blades. The villain then returned on a glider of sorts.
"Why are all of you heroes getting in my fucking way?! It's exhausting!" He screamed at us. I looked at Spider-Man and nodded, to which he replied with his own nod. I then flew at the enemy and caused him to evade, distracting him from the Spider-Man from swinging under him and connecting his feet to the back of his head. This knocked him off balance to which I shot energy from my hands and damaged his glider, sending him back to the ground. He stood up and I rushed him along side Spider-Man, I reached the villain first and slammed into him at high speed, sending him flying, Spider-Man then webbed him, stopping him midair and the slamming him into the ground, creating a small crater. Spider-Man then webbed him up ensuring he couldn't escape again.
"Who are you anyways? I've never seen you around." The masked hero asked.
"Most people call me Nova. I'm from the U.K. I saw on the news that Kuoh was dealing with something nasty. So I decided to come help." I explained to him. He nodded his head.
"This city has a lot of problems. More than I ever imagined. Honestly more than I can probably take." He rubbed the back of his head. I giggled and thought I could probably help him.
"Listen, I'm part of a small group of heroes like you, we could probably help you make this place a little easier to handle. Of course if we ever need your help, we will expect your cooperation." I offered Spider-Man. He was visibly thinking about my offer when he finally nodded his head and accepted the conditions. I then removed my helmet, showing my face.
"Perfect, now to show our trust, my real name is Scott Wilson."