Chapter 14

(Y/N's POV)
             I looked at Scott and couldn't believe he was in front of me. I stared at his face shocked, my silence must've confused him because he raised his left eyebrow in confusion because of my silence and stare. Then we heard sirens in the distance. I swung away from the noise and Scott flew close behind me. He must've thought I was running from him.
           "We have a potential identity compromise. Help requested." He talked with a finger up to his ear. He then boosted faster and my senses went crazy. I sped up my swinging as well. He launched his energy blasts at me which I continually dodged. He then grabbed my ankles, pulled me close to him in a bear hug, and flew straight into the sky. I struggled to get out from his grip, I slipped my hand out, punched him across the face, causing him to release me. I began to fall before I webbed Scott's shoulders and pulled myself forward, connecting my feet to his face, sending him flying away from me. I fell back to the ground and webbed the top of a skyscraper, along with the speed of my fall carrying me, I launched myself towards the abandoned part of the city. I kept swinging until I was slammed into and launched into one of the abandoned buildings, an old business tower. I skidded across the floor and saw Scott and a guy made of fire both hovering towards me. Then two girls jumped in through the hold in the wall. One had hands that glowed yellow and a green and yellow outfit, while the other had a tight suit that had purple accents and had claws with a panther mask.
"Why'd you run pal?" The flaming man asked first.
"I wasn't running from you guys, I left because of the cops and you started attacking me!" I yelled in response.
"Enough. I will rip his throat out and end this." The panther stated before rushing me. She swiped at me with her claws, which I continued to dodge. I then jumped back and webbed her shoulders and pulled myself to her. She caught my feet and slammed me back into the ground, creating cracks in the ground. She then put her foot onto my throat and pressed down enough to make breathing uncomfortable. I grabbed her ankle and tried to move it, to no avail. Then the girl with glowing fists walked over and grabbed my mask, ripping it off, she revealed my H/C hair and E/C eyes. Both of the girls stared before they let go of me. Then all of the heroes stared at me without speaking. Then Scott took his helmet off again.
"Holy shit, is that you Y/N?"
"Surprise..." I said to the group awkwardly with slow jazz hands. They then all began to take their masks and helmets off, except for the fire guy who just turned his flames off. I then saw before me Scott Wilson, Ray Gordon, Afua Abara, and Hyun-ji Kim. I stared at my matured past and was shocked by the old faces in front of me.
"Hey guys, sorry about not calling, just got busy you know." I rubbed the back of my head while I started sweating profusely.
"This is where you went? A small city in Japan? Why?" Ray was the one to ask.
"My mom wanted to move here to leave my dad." I said plainly. The group just continued to look at me. I then stood up and grabbed my mask from off the ground.
"Oh and thanks for offering but I just decided I don't need any help anymore. I think I'm better off alone." I slid my mask back on and perched myself on a window.
           "Woah, I'm not letting you disappear on us again." Scott stated behind me. "Don't you wanna know how this all happened?" I stared at the city in the distance and stood on the windowsill. I took my mask off again and looked at the band of heroes.
             "Listen, the shit I'm involved in is too much for you guys. I have learned more and more daily about this world that I never thought possible. This stuff will blow your mind and make you question everything you've believed in. It's also incredibly dangerous. I don't wish that kind of existence for you, my childhood friends. I'm sorry but I can't let you do this." I slid my mask back on my face and looked back out into the city. "It was nice to see you again, but goodbye." I jumped off the building then webbed back towards my house.

(Ray's POV)
           "We are going to follow him right?" I asked the group. We all looked back and forth at one another before we all shrugged. I activated my flames once again as Afua jumped onto my back and I flew off. Hyun-ji flew on Scott's back as we kept up with Y/N, keeping distance so he doesn't notice us. I still couldn't believe that we found him after all of these years. Finally we stopped on a nearby building as we saw Y/N slow his swinging and land near a window, where he then climbed in.
"Is this the best of ideas? What if he isn't lying about things that would destroy our perception of reality?" Hyun-ji questioned the group.
"Then we will deal with it when it arrives. I personally want to help Y/N, he seems to be in a dark place. Old sightings and reportings has depicted Spider-Man as a colorful and upbeat personality. This one I saw today seemed angered, and dark." Scott gave his decision and everyone agreed. We then approached the house before something electrocuted Hyun-ji and launched her into the wall.
"My my, you're not done yet are you, I was just getting started~." An unfamiliar voice rang out. I looked towards the voice and saw three girls and one boy. The boy had blonde hair while the girls had one with red hair, one with midnight black hair, and another with short white hair. Hyun-ji stood back up and we looked at the group opposite of us. Both groups then began the attacks on the others.