Chapter 8

I stared at my brother as he stood in front of me. How was this possible, nothing happened like this to Issei. Issei is just still regular Issei.
"What the hell Rias!? Why is he like this, you need to make him normal." I yelled at Rias. Her eyebrows furrowed as she glared at me.
"This has never happened before in recorded history. This is something that has never happened and I have no idea why. If I could fix it I would. Believe me Y/N, I would." Her glare eased up as she finished that last part.
"Y/N it's okay, I'm okay with being like this." My brother interrupted my anger.
"I'm not Charlie. I'm very not okay with this. How are you gonna explain this at school?" I questioned my brother.
"I've already solved that, he is enrolling at Kuoh Academy under the name Charlie Onyx." Rias explained her supposed solution. This pissed me off.
"What gives you the right to fuck with our lives like this? You just uproot everything we have known and thrived on for years and replace it with something choppy and barely thought out!" I poured my only emotion of anger out to Rias.
"I gained the right when I gave Charlie another chance at life and saved you from a terrible existence of being broken and alone!" Rias yelled back. We had now gained the attention of everyone that stayed in my house overnight, which was everyone.
"Y/N it's okay calm down. Everything's okay she did what she had to do, and Rias, Y/N is just trying to look out for me, I apologize for his rudeness." Charlie spoke for me. He seemed more confident in himself, the only positive I have noticed from this whole thing.
           "What the hell Charlie? Why are you okay with this?" I asked my brother.
            "For a long time I wanted to be cool and strong like you Y/N. Everyday you would protect me because I was too weak. Now that I'm stronger, I can protect myself and others too. Now you don't have to worry about me so much." Charlie explained what he had bottled up inside him. I couldn't even respond to him I just walked past Charlie and Rias and moved towards the bathroom. I entered it and locked the door behind me. I started the shower and stood under the steaming water, drowning all my emotions and attempting to calm down.

(Charlie's POV)
            I don't understand why Y/N was so upset. I was stronger now, he didn't have to protect me anymore. Rias came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at her.
          "Just give your brother some time to process. He probably feels you've been robbed of your childhood." She explained to me.
          "It's better than being robbed of my life. Say Rias, do you have the slightest clue of why I grew like this?" I questioned the red haired female.
          "As I was telling Y/N, this has never happened before. I don't even know where to begin to find the cause of this." She explained. Why was I the first one to experience something like this? What makes me so special compared to everyone else? These questions with no answers flooded my head as Rias walked off. I walked towards my room and opened the book my mom had given me a year ago. I laid down on my bed and began to read it. This book always helped me calm down and have a clear head whenever I was stressed. I was reading when I heard a knock on my door.
          "Come in." I gave permission to the person. They opened the door and they revealed themselves to be my brother Y/N. I move my position and sit on the side edge as I look towards Y/N. He leans against the door frame and looks at me. We lock eyes and wait for the other to speak. Y/N is the first to give in.
              "Look Charlie, I'm sorry. I guess all of it hit me too fast and I was worried that it changed you. Though talking to you made me realize that maybe you're still the same little brother I would walk to school every morning with and pick up every night." He smiled at me with sadness. I stood up and walked in front of him.
            "Y/N I'm the same as I always have been, just now I'm more like you, strong and confident. I'm fine with being in high-school now. Rias offered to teach me the necessities so I don't fail. She put a great deal of thought and energy into making sure everything works out alright." I explained to my older brother. He took a deep breath and walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back and he released me and walked out of my room and shut the door.

(Y/N's POV)
         Realizing I was way too rude to Rias I left Charlie's room in an attempt to find her. I walk down my stairs and find the rest of her peerage in my kitchen discussing something quietly. I stop in the opening and look towards Rias, focusing my attention on her. I bow my head and stay in the position until she pats the back of my head. I lift my head and look towards the crimson devil.
           "I'm sorry for my reaction Rias, I was out of line." I apologized to her. Akeno began to giggle as I looked towards her.
          "You're so submissive Y/N, to roll over and apologize without a word." She smirked at me while she twirled a fork on her lip. I stuck my tongue out at her while Rias wasn't looking towards me. Akeno made a playful surprised face, causing Rias to look back at me and also forcing my tongue back into my mouth.
            "I accept your apology Y/N, you are a human new to this world it is only logical you would react in that sense." She explained I simply nodded at her explanation.
           "I admit this is quite a lot to take in. It's still bizarre to me that these supernatural entities exist." I explained my thoughts.
           "I hope that you will assist me in my matters along with your brother. Your powers are something that I would value on my side." Rias requested. I contemplated her request and I had to agree. My brother might be in danger with her getting in her fights. I nodded my head and she nodded back, symbolizing our new alliance.

(??? POV)
              I stare in awe at the large capsule holding my secret weapon. It's almost complete. The secret to my plans to kill Spider-Man and begin our reign over this city, and then Japan, and finally conquering the world. What I am creating will bring that arachnid nuisance to his knees where I will stand over him and finally crush his skull beneath my feet. Spider-Man will finally be bested and he will no longer be praised as a savior, instead as a failure. The failure who damned this city to my rule where I will not tolerate disobedience or disrespect from anyone. The doors to my lab open and my partner in the goblin costume walks in.
          "What is the status of your weapon, Doctor?" The goblin spoke.
          "Nearly complete. I guess Freed didn't keep the Spider imprisoned?" I questioned the goblin. He shook his head and I sighed.
          "No matter, once this is complete the spider will be as good as dead."