Chapter 9

(Y/N's POV)
             After the whole thing with Charlie being resurrected along with Asia, things began to calm down as the weekend rolled to an end. The school day has ended and as Charlie walked off towards the Occult Research Club after his first time attending high school classes, I told him that I wanted to patrol and that he should go alone. After leaving school grounds, I walked down towards the busy, downtown area of the city, and as I was walking I took a sharp left into an alleyway and I hid behind a dumpster. I took my suit out of my bag and slipped it on. I then shoved my clothes back in my bag and I webbed myself onto a rooftop to survey the land. I noticed that the town was as busy as ever as cars sped around, hurrying towards their destination. I didn't notice any wrong doings occurring, until my senses went off. I jumped backwards flipping over a woman. I landed behind her as I put my hands on my hips staring directly at her.
         "It's not very nice to sneak up on people lady." I spoke towards the white haired woman. She turned around to face me and I noticed the cat theme outfit she wore. Very tight and very revealing.
         "I wasn't trying to sneak up on you." She smiled, expanding her bright red lips and squinting her blue eyes. I noticed her black spandex suit and white fur wrapping around her neck, wrists and ankles. We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. She then began to walk towards the edge of the building.
           "I just wanted to meet you Spider-Man. To see what all the hype was about." She stated before jumping off the roof. Concerned, I ran to the edge and peered over, I saw her swinging off poles and jumping down with a dancer's grace. I stared at her bewildered and impressed as she got farther and farther away. I wanted to follow her but decided against it. For the rest of the afternoon I simply swung around bored with no one to stop or save. It was an uneventful day. The sun had started to set and I was sitting on a rooftop when I saw something rising into the sky. I rush and swing over. In order to reach the height I Web the top of two sky scrapers and pull with all my might launching me to the object. The closer I got the more I realized it was a rocket. My heart dropped as the seriousness of the situation set in. I Web the rocket and pull myself up, I began to punch the rocket to make an opening. I ripped the new opening I created to reveal all the wires in the rocket. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't a bomb expert so I started to rip away at the wires, this caused the rocket to blow up, sending me flying. As I was falling and losing consciousness I felt something start to cover my body. Before I could look I passed out.

(???'s POV)
I watched as the Spider-Man destroyed my rocket before it could do its job. I slammed the table and screamed while throwing various items. I eventually calmed myself down. I decided that I should recover whatever I could from the rocket and hopefully salvage it. I will have to wait until everything dies down to recover my invention. For now I wait and plan my attack further.

(Y/N's POV)
               I wake up and stare at the starry sky. My thoughts are then interrupted by the sounds of sirens and vehicles underneath me. I look down confused and realize I'm standing on the side of a tall building. I crouch down to the glass and study my appearance. My suit was different. The red had been replaced by a midnight black and my blue hoodie had been replaced with white. I moved my body around and for whatever reason I felt stronger. I crouched against the glass and jumped with all my force, shattering the glass and bringing shards along with my body as I jumped. I screamed with joy as my body spun around in the air. I webbed some buildings and pulled my body into the night. I was enjoying every moment of this new found strength. I kept swinging until I noticed a gang fight taking place in back streets. I let go of my Web and sped towards one of the gang members. I land on him with incredible force, creating a small crater.  I Web another enemy and pull him towards me, I punch his jaw and throw him into one of his buddies. They both remain on the ground unconscious. I then jump towards more gang members and kick them simultaneously, they instantly are knocked out. Another enemy tried to hit me, I grab his arm twist it then punch it, bending it the wrong way. He screamed and I punch his head, knocking him out. I Web another gang member and pull him towards me. When he reaches me I grab his throat and then slam him into the ground. The rest of the gang bangers have gotten into their vehicles and left. I took this as their surrender and I Web myself to the top of a building. I look at the aftermath and smiled underneath my mask. I enjoyed every second of that fight and I don't regret a single thing.