Chapter 17

As I walked towards the city in the pouring rain I walked past road signs and saw a sign that read,
                      "New York City Limit".
       I then looked back towards the massive city with bright lights all around. It's size intimidated me. I continued back towards the city. As I walked in the cold rain my only thought was how to get back to my own dimension. I thought of my family and friends that assumed I was dead. I entered the outskirts of the city and eventually found a bus stop to take shelter under. I sat down next to an older gentleman that was reading the newspaper. I glanced over to it and read the date that read, April 17, 2027. I stared in disbelief at the date. How was it the future? Did Doc Ock mess up? Was there no hope for me going back? The gentleman noticed my stares and looked at me with a questioning look.
          "Do you want to read it?" He asked, I looked at him with surprise.
          "Only for a quick minute, if you don't mind?" He smiled and handed me the newspaper.
          "It's a surprise you would enjoy the simplicity of a newspaper, with all that fancy technology you kids use."
          "Reading on a screen hurts my eyes." I bluffed. He nodded and looked forward. I began to skim the paper for any additional information. I then saw a headline that made me even more confused.
          "The Arachnid Strikes Again".
I then read the article about a vigilante in a dark suit with the abilities of a spider, causing damage to the city in the attempt to catch a villain named The Rhino. Apparently the vigilante used many different objects trying to stop the villain causing destruction to the city and injuring civillians in the process. I handed the paper back the gentleman, nodded my head towards him and made my way towards the nearest alley. I entered the dark and damp alley. I looked around me to ensure my lonesome. Then worked my way up the wall by climbing and looked around on where to start my search. I needed to find this Arachnid character. I tore off my sleeve on my t-shirt and pulled it over my face. I then began running and jumping between buildings. I only had one webshooter and decided to save the fluid.

                           ~Hours Later~
        I leaned against part of the roof of a building. There was no sign of The Arachnid. I was on the verge of giving up when I saw something speed past the building. My head snapped towards the speeding object and saw it was someone in a dark suit swinging on webs. I began to sprint towards the man and jumped with as much force as I could muster and let my jump slowly carry me to my target. Once I closed enough distance I webbed The Arachnid. This caused him to turn around and web me in response. He grabbed both webs and launched me against to building. The force of the impact knocked all the air out of me and caused considerable pain to my back. He then webbed next to me on both sides and pulled himself to connect with my abdomen, effectively blowing me into the building. I tumbled against tables and other pieces of furniture. I stood up as fast as possible and watched as the vigilante pulled himself into the building. We stared at each other before he dashed towards me. He threw a punch that I evaded, and a kick that I blocked with my forearm, and then I took the opportunity to sweep his legs, causing him to fall on his back. He webbed the ceiling then pulled himself into my chest, knocking me against the wall. I struggled to stand and rested myself on my knee. He walked towards me and stood above me. I mustered as much strength as I could and tackled him around the waist. As he was caught off guard, I sat on him and punched him in the face twice before he took his knee and flipped me over him. I sprung myself onto my feet and faced off against the masked vigilante. His costume was extremely similar to mine. We stared off at each other.
        "Who are you?" He asked me.
        "My name's Y/N L/N, who are you?"
        "Don't lie to me!" He screamed and charged me once again. When he approached me I flipped over him, grabbing his shoulders and slamming him against the floor. I web his arms and legs to the floor, hoping to stop him.
        "I'm not lying, I'm not from this world." I informed him, he then stopped struggling and I removed my mask. "Now, who are you?"
        He then ripped off the webs and stood in front of me. He stared at me before removing his mask as well. I stared in disbelief at my own face, older and scruffier. I continued to stare at my older self. He also had a look of disbelief on his face.
          "I'm also Y/N L/N."