Chapter 3

The entire car ride was silent. Ethan would try to talk to Grayson, but he knew if he talked the tears he was trying to hide would spill out, so he kept it in.

He isn't normally an emotional guy, so in all honesty he doesn't know what's going on right now.

Grayson's POV

"Gray..." Ethan said, gripping my shoulder. I flinched at the touch, I couldn't be out of this car faster. I tried to brush it off, anything is gonna make me burst of tears at this point.

I decided to just zone out.

"Why won't you talk to me?"

"Grayson!"

"Graaaysooon~"

"Dude this is annoying now."

"Whatever. We're home. Hurry up and get out,"

I looked over at him. "What's the rush?"

"I'm going to go hang with Maddie for a while. See ya later Gray," he said, practically pushing me out of the car.

"What?" I said, the tears rising in my throat. "Hmm? Oh, I'm going to go hang out with Maddie. We were talking pretty much the entire time after winter break and we started actually dating a few days ago. It'll be more fun having a girlfriend over the summer. You should try to get one. Now back up, I'm gonna run your foot over or something." He said like it was absolutely nothing.

"But aye! I doubt you care anyway, right?" He yelled as he backed out of the driveway and drove off, not caring about my answer.

I went inside with my head full of thoughts. I could feel a breakdown coming, and I was grateful Ethan wasn't there to witness it. He just assumed that i don't care? Obviously I do, he's my brother. I'm happy for him.

But, that's the problem. he's my brother. I'm having these... weird... feelings for my brother.

This is so bad.

This is so fucking bad.

All I can think is that out of anyone, anyone in the world, I had these feelings for my brother.

What the fuck am I going to do? What even can I do?

Ethan's POV

I'm with Maddie right now, I have been for a few hours. Something is up with Grayson and it's honestly ruining this entire 'date'. Being completely honest, I'm not even sure if I truly like Maddie anymore. She's pretty and a good kisser, but what does she have that I want? Why do I even like her?

I don't have the answers to these questions.

I need to figure out why Grayson's so upset. It's killing me seeing him like this, I feel alone. I know I have Maddie but what if she isn't what i want? what if if she isn't enough?

What even do I want?

"Ethan?" Maddie said. I sighed, "Yeah?" I was annoyed. Unfairly annoyed. I need to get home.

"Do you wanna have sex?"

-
again, sorry it's so short. i promise they'll get longer.

^shut up emma.

Everything at the end of chapters with the ^, means it's 6/26/20 emma talking lol.