Chapter 8

Ethan's POV for entire chapter

I can't love him back.
I want to, but I just can't.

"M- Mom..?" I said, on the phone with her. I put her on speaker so my sobs didn't cover her voice as much.

"Hi Etee, what's up kiddo?" she said, happiness sprinkled around in her voice.

I started crying just at the voice of her.

"M-Mom?" I said, scared of how she was gonna handle what I was about to say.

"Ethan sweetie, what's the matter?" she said, happiness being replaced with concern.

"Mom, I'm worried about Grayson. He- he told me he's in love with me and I don't know how I feel back and-" "woah honey, slow down now, it's alright." she said, cutting me off.

I felt bad for outing Grayson like that. I know I should wait until Grayson is ready to tell her. But, I'm only doing this for his own help.

"Okay. Grayson said he's in love with me."

"Grayson is in love with you Ethan?"

"Yes Mom."

"O-Okay, it's okay, go on."

"I'm worried about him. He isn't talking to me anymore. It's like ever since I got my girlfriend he's been so distant from me and I don't know why. He was sobbing to me. and I think, no, I know I love him back. I don't know what to do about it though, it's incest mom! I can go to jail! We both can!"

I was freaking out at this point.

"Ethan, baby, first things first, Grayson is jealous. that's why he's so distant. Second, you can't chose who you love. You love who you love, even if it's someone unexpected, like a sibling. It's okay Ethan, I still love you and grayson so much. Nothing is gonna change that, because no matter who you love, once you start loving them you won't stop. love won't go away." she said.

"Thank you so much Mom. But... something happened though." I said.

Should I tell her about Grayson walking in on me and Maddie? Twice?

"Grayson walked in on me and Maddie having sex. Twice." I said, cringing at the sentence.

Oh God.

"I- Oh Lord... how did you handle it?"

I looked back at what I did...

"The first time I acted how you should act... I jumped up and covered myself. The- the second time...

He walked in on us, and I looked him right in the eye. He didn't notice until he looked back again before he left... and I held his gaze until he couldn't bear... until it was too much.

"I looked him in the eye while I did it."

"ETHAN? Son, why did you keep his gaze? How do you think that made him feel?" she asked.

"I KNOW, I know... I don't know why I did it... maybe to prove that I didn't love him back? and I was fuckin-"

"Language."

"Sorry, but I was having sex with the person I DID love.. but MA, I LOVE GRAYSON! I ONLY "LOVE" MADDIE FOR THE SEX! what do I do M- Mom?" I yelled, completely falling apart.

"Break up with Maddie. If you don't love her, don't lead her on Ethan. Come on, you know better."

You know better.

"I know Mom, I know..." I began to say, my eyes trailing around the room, only to see Grayson leaning in the doorway with tears in his eyes.

"I gotta go mom. Love you bye. Thank you for the help."

THIS WAS A WHORE TO FIX OMG