Let Me (Twelve Part 1)

Jinyoung reached for his phone beside him when he heard it dinged and a small smirk starts appearing on his lips almost immediately as he saw who the sender was.

From: Kim Yugyeom
Good morning, hyung!

'He does wake up so early huh?'

He thought and was about to put the thing down when it suddenly dinged again, indicating another message.

From: Kim Yugyeom
Are you preparing now for school? Please don't forget to eat your breakfast first, hyung.

"Is he my mom?"

From: Kim Yugyeom
And anyway, how are you, hyung? Those guys aren't in our school now right?

Jinyoung pursed his lips into a thin line as he remembers what happened that night. He lets out a deep sigh and decided to just put his phone down for a while so he could finish making his breakfast and also, so he wouldn't get to think about that night again because it just seriously makes him mad, scared and nervous and he didn't want that at all.

"Aish, seriously?"

He muttered when his phone dinged again. He reached for it and opened the message.

From: Kim Yugyeom
And I'm sorry, too, if I keep on texting you these past few days. It's just that, I just want to check on you, hyung...and probably, thank you for rescuing me from those guys and bringing me at the clinic. I would have died if you're not there to help me kkkkk... Thank you so much hyung and I'm so sorry if I keep on making you mad.

Jinyoung didn't know but the moment he reads it, he suddenly felt a slight pinching on his heart and it's just weird because he feels like he was missing some kind of comfort.

Jinyoung slightly sits on his small sink as he stares at the message on his screen, figuring out if he should type back or just leave it on the read like the usual. But as he thinks of that, he realized that he indeed doesn't usually replies to any of his messages and that is alright because he didn't really feel obliged, but it's just weird that these past few days and even right now, he was slightly, just slightly, feels like he needs to at least respond or do something? The reason? He didn't know why.

Snapping his tongue, Jinyoung's fingers started moving across his screen. He starts typing a sentence but he keeps on clearing it back. He just honestly doesn't know what to say and how would he start it. He didn't even know composing a proper reply for someone who practically saved you was this hard.

'Just say thank you or something!'

He told his inner ego as he starts typing again and quickly taps send so he wouldn't get the chance to clear it all again.

To: Kim Yugyeom
Don't mind me, I'm alright. You should think about yourself.

Jinyoung lets out a small groan as he lightly smacked his own forehead with his hand after he reviewed what he just said.

'What a freaking high pride bastard you are Jinyoung! Where's the thank you there?'

He thought and weirdly gets annoyed at himself. Not even a minute ago, the younger replied back.

From: Kim Yugyeom
Glad to hear that.

Jinyoung shakes his head in disbelief when he reads that. He didn't even mind what he said about the younger should only think about himself and just replies as if he only reads the first sentence.

'Stubborn.'

He thought.

Jinyoung contemplated for a while if he should make another response but he ended up cursing himself when he realized that he indeed should make another one because his arrogant ass isn't still saying thank you to him.