CHAPTER 21 - Broken Hearts and Mended Souls

Harry and Ron sat alone in Potions class twiddling their thumbs with a slight worry in their minds. The two boys looked at the empty desks wearily.

"Harry, where are they? This isn't right." Ron said, looking at Hermione's, Draco's and Blaise's empty seats. Ginny wasn't in their previous classes either.

"I know Ron. This is weird, do you think Ginny and Hermione are OK?" Harry breathed out nervously.

"I hope so. It's not like Hermione to miss a class..." Said a worried Ron. Their thoughts were interrupted by the rough clearing of a throat and their heads snapped to the front, catching the eye of a rather annoyed Slughorn. They quickly muttered a small 'sorry professor' and grabbed their quills once more.

Professor Slughorn was discussing the amortentia potion today and suggested that Harry and Ron work together for the lesson. They had no objection, but it was quite evident that the plump professor was beginning to question his previous decision.

"Ron! You're doing it the wrong way! You crush it, don't cut it!" Harry stopped him before he was able to ruin the potion. This was the exact same mistake that Hermione made with the Felix Felicis potion in their 6th year.

Ron deadpanned Harry. "The recipes says cut not crush!" His eyes were daring him to argue. And that was the exact same reaction he'd gotten from Hermione.

"Whatever Ron." Harry sighed, not bothering to correct him again. He was most definitely not going to have that argument again. There was a knock on the door and Dumbledore walked in.

"Ah! Professor Dumbledore! What a lovely surprise." Slughorn exclaimed cheerfully. Ron inwardly groaned at his enthusiasm.

"Indeed, Horace. I would like a word with Mr Potter and Mr Weasley, if you will allow it." He spoke. The boys' heads snapped up at the mention of their names, eyes wide.

"Of Course!" Slughorn allowed and let the boys leave the classroom with the headmaster.

"Harry, Ron. Listen, something dreadful has happened, but I must ask you not to worry or interfere. This is a dangerous thing to mess with, great risks are involved. Your sister and Hermione are involved. Ginny is currently rather emotional, do not ask her why but provide comfort to her, please. Hermione will be gone for a while, I am not sure for how long but it is important that you don't look for her. Please. This is dangerous." Dumbledore had a very serious tone in his voice. They were scared.

"You may go to your dorms now, comfort your friend." Dumbledore bid them farewell and disappeared.

"What is going on!" Ron shouted. Harry and Ron were so confused and angry that couldn't know about this.

"I don't know, but it isn't good." Harry said as they ran to their common room to find Ginny.

***

"Ginny!" Harry and Ron called as they entered the tower. Ginny groaned, not wanting to be seen by anyone. She reluctantly got up and went to the boys. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was wet. The tissues had made her nose red and the tears brought bags to her eyes.

"Ginny! Are you OK?" Harry shoved Ron at his pathetic question that only brought more tears to Ginny's eyes. She ran into their arms, sobbing loudly into their chests.

"Ginny, it's OK, we're here for you. Don't worry." Harry hummed. They moved to the couch and Harry held Ginny close. Ron was looking at them with dread in his eyes. It was a heart-breaking sight to see.

Harry's hand was rubbing her back as he whispered comforting words in her ears. Her sniffles died down and she sighed, still glued to Harry.

"I don't know how you do it. You just have a natural comforting skill." Ron said in amazement.

"No, I just hold them until they stop crying." He confessed, still looking at Ginny.

"Gin, we love you, you know that, right? Whatever it is that has you sad, we're here no matter what. You don't have to tell us, we understand." Ron cooed as his sister looked to him with swollen eyes. She looked broken inside and the sight was enough to break Harry and Ron as well.

"I do, I love you guys too." She hiccupped her words out.

She felt safe in their arms, loved and cared for. It was comforting. Harry placed a kiss on her forehead and got up to make them each a cup of tea. The Gryffindor Tower had a kettle and all those things now. Ron moved closer to his sister and gave her a tight, warm hug.

"Who did this, Gin?" He breathed out.

"Life did this, Ron." She whispered.

Life was cruel.

***

Blaise was walking outside again, thinking about everything. The world was falling apart and he was in the middle of the chaos. The words of McGonagall hit a nerve in him and brought a new type of pain. He couldn't cry it away, he couldn't scream it away, it had to be felt.

"Blaise? Are you OK?" Luna's voice emerged from behind a tree. Blaise looked at the beautiful blonde Ravenclaw walking towards him. He pulled her into a bone crushing hug and lowered his walls, letting out the emotions that imprisoned his happiness.

He buried his head in the crook of her neck and inhaled deeply, breathing in her comforting strawberry scent. Luna's arms tightened around him and she rested her head on his shoulder. They sat like this for very long, Blaise crying and Luna comforting.

"Luna, life is breaking me. Everything is going south. I'm so happy I've got you." He confessed.

"I love you, Blaise." Luna spoke truthfully. Blaise moved back to look at her, his eyes wide. 

"R-Really?" he needed confirmation. 

"I do, Blaise, I do." She placed her hand on his cheek, wiping his tears away with her soft thumb. He leaned into her touch, enjoying it.

They sat with their hands intertwined and stared at the cluster of stars above them, the world was quiet. Luna couldn't help her feelings for Blaise, they were too strong to hide.

***

Draco left the infirmary with a heavy heart, not bothering to look back and allow the pain to attack him again. He felt an undeniable guilt invading his whole body, mind and soul. It was eating him from the inside out. He closed the door behind him but stopped before walking away.

He wanted to be there when she woke up – if she did – if he left now he might miss his chance to make everything right. He had to try, his eyes were opened and he realized that he couldn't go on without her. She was his other half, she owned a part of his heart and he owned a piece of hers.

He turned around and walked back into the infirmary and sat next to her bed, watching her sleep. He held her hand again, it provided a sense of comfort to him. The tears threatened to fall but this time he didn't bother holding them back, he dropped his head into his arms and sniffled his tears away.

"Draco?"

________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys !! Thanks for reading :)

Please vote if you liked this chapter **